OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2026

Image
TOPIC: YOU HAVE A PURPOSE MEMORISE : For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end Jeremiah 29:11 READ : Jeremiah 1:4-10 4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, 5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. 6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. 7 But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. 8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord. 9 Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. 10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and t...

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: CHRISTIAN ATHEIST? Friday 20 February 2014


Memorise:

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 1 John 2:15

Read: 2 Timothy 3:1-5,

1 THIS know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.


Message

Our Bible reading today reveals some strange characteristics of the last days that should in no wise be mentioned among children of God. Unfortunately, many of these behaviours dominate the Church today. Frankly speaking, behaviours such as being a lover of self, blaspheming, being unholy, treachery and loving of pleasures beyond loving God, more accurately described ungodly people (atheists). But because professed Christians are found among those who openly manifest and defend such behaviours today, the designation “Christian Atheists” has become necessary. Christian atheists are therefore professing Christians who believe, act and defend behaviours and characteristics that are contrary to Christian values as recorded in the Bible.

The most noticeable error of a Christian atheist is commitment to the philosophy and ways of the world. They profess to be Christians but find it easy to identify with the world in principle, word, action and general worldview. This is contrary to the word of God in James 4:4 that says,

“Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? Whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.”
And the admonition of Titus 2:12
“Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;”

Furthermore, preoccupation with the things of this world is incompatible with holy living. The commitment of the Christian atheist to the world is especially seen in the area of materialism and worldliness, which the word of God warns against in 1 John 2:15. This commitment of the world leads to disappointment, failure, physical and spiritual loss, and ultimately God’s judgment (Luke 9:25, Ephesians 5:6). Perilous times are here! The right attitude to take in times as these is to heed the admonition of the word of God in Romans 12:1-2, by resisting the temptation to conform to the standards of this world. Rather, we should seek to be transformed into the image of Christ by the renewing of our minds.

Prayer Point

Father, please expose every atheistic tendency in the body of Christ and rid your Church of all contrary behaviours in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR : EZEKIEL 4-6 and REVELATION 2:1-17

AUTHOR : Pastor E. .A. ADEBOYE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025