OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2026

Image
TOPIC: HOLD ON TO JESUS MEMORISE : The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts. Haggai 2:9 READ : Psalm 105:16-22 16 Moreover he called for a famine upon the land: he brake the whole staff of bread. 17 He sent a man before them, even Joseph, who was sold for a servant: 18 Whose feet they hurt with fetters: he was laid in iron: 19 Until the time that his word came: the word of the LORD tried him. 20 The king sent and loosed him; even the ruler of the people, and let him go free. 21 He made him lord of his house, and ruler of all his substance: 22 To bind his princes at his pleasure; and teach his senators wisdom. MESSAGE Have you ever faced a situation that seemed overwhelming to handle? You might have asked a lot of questions like, “Why doesn’t God just promote me? Why do I have to go through these unpleasant situations before He takes me to the next level?” Joseph probably ask...

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL. LIKE TEACHER, LIKE STUDENT. Sunday January 17th 2016

Memorise:
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15

Read: Philippians 3:14-17

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

Message
In our Bible reading for today, we read of Paul, an outstanding apostle of Jesus Christ. He spoke of his relentless efforts to reach the mark for the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. The following are what he did to attain this goal: he forsook the worldly glory and approval, to gain the approval of God through the righteousness that can only be found in Christ. He endeavoured to know more of Jesus Christ in order to do His will. He was never satisfied with an average Christian life, he made bold to say:

“Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an example. (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)”
Philippians 3:17-19

Beloved, any Church leader who cannot say what Paul said above is not worth following. Show me your teacher and I will tell you who you are and how for you can go in the Christian journey. When I gave my life of Christ, I was blessed with a leader that was heaven-bound; the founder of the Redeemed Christian Church of God. The first time I saw him, I saw the glory of God and the image of Jesus Christ in him and there and then, I knew that if I could follow in footsteps, I would make it in my Christian race. He was impeccably transparent, a lover of the Cross of his Master and Saviour. He did not only teach but practised what he taught to the letter. Paul, the apostle wrote:

“But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.” Galatians 1:8-9

It is necessary for Christians to prove all things in the light of the revealed truth in the Bible and then hold fast that which is good. Only the truth, and nothing but the truth can set you free from the errors of the end-time. Jesus Christ is the Truth. When the Bible enjoins you to “study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth”, it simply means, study closely those who lived before you and enjoyed the approval of God, learn those things which they did that earned them God’s approval.

Prayer point
Father, please reveal Yourself to me afresh through your Son, Jesus Christ, my Lord.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: DEUTERONOMY 16:18-19:14, JOB 5:17-6:7

Author: Pastor E. A. Adeboye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025