OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 01, 2026

Image
TOPIC: PRAYERS FOR YOUR NATION MEMORISE : Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people. Deuteronomy 32:43 READ : Psalm 80:1-7 1 Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel, thou that leadest Joseph like a flock; thou that dwellest between the cherubims, shine forth. 2 Before Ephraim and Benjamin and Manasseh stir up thy strength, and come and save us. 3 Turn us again, O God, and cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved. 4 O LORD God of hosts, how long wilt thou be angry against the prayer of thy people? 5 Thou feedest them with the bread of tears; and givest them tears to drink in great measure. 6 Thou makest us a strife unto our neighbours: and our enemies laugh among themselves. 7 Turn us again, O God of hosts, and cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved. TODAY PRAYERS 1. Father, I thank You for my nation. Thank You for Your mighty hand of power...

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL LOVE, THE FULFILLMENT OF THE LAW. Saturday February 27th 2016

Memorise:
These things I command you, that ye love one another. John 15:17

Read: 1 Corinthians 13:1-3

13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Message:
The Bible takes the subject of love so seriously that love is equated to the sum total of all the commandments of God. The Bible goes further to say that love is the fulfilment of the law. The use of the word ‘law’ in the New Testament sense, is usually a reference to all the commandments and statutes recorded in the Old Testament and specifically those in the first five books of the Bible known as the books of Moses (Pentateuch). Now, the reality that God equates love to the whole of the Old Testament commandments is a serious food for thought. The Bible in 1st Corinthians 13:1-2 says

“Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.”

The above passage speaks clearly about the importance of love and how children of God should view or rate love on the scale of spirituality. Here, God compared some special spiritual gifts of uncommon value to love. Speaking in the tongues of men and angles seems to mean the ability to speak in heavenly tongues and at the same time interpret it in the language of men. This has always been a very rare gift which is highly sought after in the body of Christ, yet, anyone with this rare gift but without love, is described as a sounding brass or a tinkling cymbal. In essence, such is viewed by God as a mere noise-maker. Furthermore, the Bible says if one should have the gift of prophecy, understand all mysteries and have all knowledge, even if the person should have enough faith to do great miracles, without love, such a person amounts to nothing in the eyes of God. This simply means that love is the golden rule by which whatever gifts we exhibit and whatever services we offer to God are measured. Therefore, love is the ultimate commandment. Romans 13:10 says:

“Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.”

As I always ask my children, do you truly love God? What price have you paid as proof of that love? If you love what you do, it will be easy to do it with all your heart. Love is missing in our fellowship with God today. All you get from some is lip service. This is professing love without backing it up with physical evidence. Colossians 3:23 says,

“And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men”.

Your service to God must come from your heart, borne out of love. The service that pleases God is one from the heart rendered in love, as God is love. If you are born again, you have the capacity to manifest agape love. To what extent does this love manifest itself in your life and service? Do you know that faith requires the oil of love to operate effectively? (Galatians 5:6). Add love to your faith and you begin to bask in the glory of God, because He will equally respond out of greater love and your life will never be the same again.

Prayer Point
Father, help me to love You with all my heart in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: JOHN 1:1-3:15, JOB 29:21-30:8

Author: Pastor E. A. Adeboye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025