OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2026

Image
TOPIC: THE POWER OF THE HOLY GHOST MEMORISE : But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. Acts 1:8 READ : Acts 5:25-33 25 Then came one and told them, saying, Behold, the men whom ye put in prison are standing in the temple, and teaching the people. 26 Then went the captain with the officers, and brought them without violence: for they feared the people, lest they should have been stoned. 27 And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them, 28 Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man’s blood upon us. 29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men. 30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on...

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL. GODLY LEADERSHIP PRINCIPLES.: SUNDAY 20TH OCTOBER 2019

MEMORISE:
If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. John 13:14

READ: Luke 22:24-27

24 And there was also a strife among them, which of them should be accounted the greatest.

25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.

26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.

27 For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.

MESSAGE  
Leadership is very vital to God’s created order, so much so that even animals have a way of choosing leaders among themselves. When you watch wildlife documentaries, you will appreciate how important leadership is in fulfilling God’s *plan* and purpose in the affairs of living creatures, today, we shall be considering leadership from God’s perspective. I believe this will help us to set our priorities in order as we go about our leadership obligations wherever God has placed us, whether in the family, school, church, community of country.

In today’s Bible reading, our Lord Jesus Christ taught godly leadership principles in response to an argument among His disciples on who should be their leader, He also taught them practically with His leadership lifestyle. He specifically said in Luke 22:27:

“For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.”

In this verse, the Lord established the principle of leadership by example. It is however amazing that many do not lead by example. Even in the Church today, some leaders demand hero-worships from the flock of Jesus Christ. Many guest ministers dictate the type of *hotel* accommodation their host should provide for them as part of the preconditions for accepting invitations to minister God’s word. Some even have a “price list” stating the honorarium they must receive and the class of flight they must be flown in. Instead of the richer ministers to support the upcoming ones with the wealth of experience they have, they scare them away from partaking of their anointing through the enormous cost of inviting them for ministration. Some senior pastors are becoming burdensome to junior ones because just one statutory visit from them places unbearable financial obligation on their growing parishes. If the spread of the gospel will not be inhibited, we must go back to the leadership principles of our Lord in John 13:13-15, which says:

“Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.”

Beloved, only the principle of leadership through service can stand the test of time, even in the political arena. Selfish and self-centered leadership does not endure beyond the ordained tenure of a leader. Let us follow the leadership principles of Jesus Christ, built on love and firmness and devoid of hypocrisy.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, impart in me the leadership traits of Jesus Christ my Lord.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Chronicle 19-20 Revelation 14:14-15:8

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 

HYMN 3:  I HAVE DECIDED TO FOLLOW JESUS.
1. I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

2. Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;
No turning back, no turning back.

3. The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
No turning back, no turning back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025