OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2026

Image
TOPIC: THE BREATH OF GOD MEMORISE: Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live: Ezekiel 37:5 READ : Ezra 5:1-5, Ezra 6:14-15 1 Then the prophets, Haggai the prophet, and Zechariah the son of Iddo, prophesied unto the Jews that were in Judah and Jerusalem in the name of the God of Israel, even unto them. 2 Then rose up Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and Jeshua the son of Jozadak, and began to build the house of God which is at Jerusalem: and with them were the prophets of God helping them. 3 At the same time came to them Tatnai, governor on this side the river, and Shetharboznai and their companions, and said thus unto them, Who hath commanded you to build this house, and to make up this wall? 4 Then said we unto them after this manner, What are the names of the men that make this building? 5 But the eye of their God was upon the elders of the Jews, that they could not cause them to cease, till the matter came to Darius: a...

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL. NO LONGER A MISTAKE. : SUNDAY 16TH FEBRUARY 2020.

MEMORISE:
Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 2 Timothy 2:19

READ: 2 Peter 2:20-22

20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

MESSAGE 
Indeed, I was puzzled when I first saw David described as a man after God’s heart. This was someone who had committed grave sins that made God angry. How could he then be a man after God’s heart? When I studied about David, I realized that he never repeated the same offence. Every time he offended God, he would become very sorrowful, genuinely repent and completely stay off that offense forever.

Once, he counted the Israelites when he shouldn’t have and God was angry with him. David repented and never did so again. Another time, he stayed back from war when kings were to be at the warfront. In his idleness, he slept with another man’s wife and to cover his tracks, killed him. The moment God confronted him, with his sin, he became repentant and never missed any war again until he was old and weak. David was a man after God’s heart because he never repeated the same mistake. Today, unlike David, many Christians have made a habit of repeating mistakes. They commit a sin, ask for forgiveness, and days later, return to it. When the Pastor ask why they keep backsliding, they claim they cannot help it. God is not mocked. No one can be tempted beyond their capacity to resist (1 Corinthians 10:13).

If you truly resolve in your heart not to commit sin against, you would not. You don’t want to commit fornication anymore, yet you keep staying alone in an enclosed place with the opposite sex. You don’t want to steal the money kept in your care by the organization again, yet you count it alone without a witness. Don’t fool yourself, if you came across a rabid dog and managed escape, wouldn’t you take an alternative route next time.

“Abstain from all appearance of evil.”  1 Thessalonians 5:22

Once you can recognize anything that could lead to evil, the Lord says flee! Don’t join the multitude to commit sin. If it happened once, repent and forsake it. Don’t let it happen again.

ACTION POINT:
Make a list of those things that often make you sin and begin to avoid them from today.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Leviticus 11-13

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 

HYMN 12:  I AM THINE O LORD.

I am Thine, O Lord, I have heard Thy voice,
  And it told Thy love to me;
But I long to rise in the arms of faith,
  And be closer drawn to Thee.

    Draw me nearer, nearer, blessed Lord,
      To the cross where Thou hast died;
    Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer, blessed Lord,
        To Thy precious, bleeding side.

Consecrate me now to Thy service, Lord,
  By the pow'r of grace divine;
Let my soul look up with a steadfast hope,
  And my will be lost in Thine.

O the pure delight of a single hour
  That before Thy throne I spend,
When I kneel in prayer, and with Thee, my God,
  I commune as friend with friend!

There are depths of love that I yet may know
  Ere Thee face to face I see;
There are heights of joy that I yet may reach
  Ere I rest in peace with Thee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025