OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 04, 2026

Image
TOPIC: WILL YOU BE READY? I MEMORISE : Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. Acts 1:11 READ : 2 Peter 3:3-14 3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. 8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand...

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: FRIDAY 21ST JANUARY 2022

TOPIC:  LET THERE BE LIGHT V
 
MEMORISE:
O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea:  Isaiah 48:18
 
READ: Philippians 4:6-7.

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
 
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
 
MESSAGE:
Let there be light could mean let there be peace. There is, however, a link between having the peace of God and obedience to His commandments, as we see in our memory verse today.
 
One of the commandments which some people may not recognize is in Matthew 11:29 where Jesus Christ commands that we should learn of Him so that we may find rest (peace) for our souls. This is very important because Romans 10:17 also says “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
 
Also, there are categories of peace. We have regular peace (Isaiah 45:7), great peace (Psalm 119:165), all-round peace (1 Kings 4:24) and peace like a river (Isaiah 48:18).
 
A question that then comes to mind is, “who gives peace at whatever level?”. The answer is simple: God is the Giver of peace. He gives peace through His Son Jesus Christ- the Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6), this is why Apostle Peter prayed for the Church, saying “And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:7). The preceding verse says, “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.” In other words, before you can have the peace of God, you must learn to trust Him, and you cannot trust the One you do not know or accept as your all in all. In addition, you cannot talk of praising and honoring Him as you should.
 
On this note, I encourage you to seek the Father of lights (James 1:17) and I m confident that you will find Him as promised in Proverbs 8:17.
 
Do you wat the peace of God to reign in your life? Come to the Father of lights today through His Son Jesus Christ- the Prince of Peace. Confess your sins and if you have done before, decide to live a sinless life from now. May the light of God that brings peace beam over you and all that concerns you, in Jesus’ name.
 
ACTION POINT:
Meditate on 2 Corinthian 6:14-18; step out of everything that represents darkness and come to Jesus Christ- the Light, today.
 
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: EXODUS 12-14.
  
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 
 
HYMN 1: ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER.

1  All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.

o   Refrain:
I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.
 
2  All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow;
Worldly pleasures all forsaken,
Take me, Jesus, take me now.

3  All to Jesus I surrender,
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.

4  All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.

5  All to Jesus I surrender,
Now I feel the sacred flame;
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory, to His Name!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025