OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2026

Image
TOPIC: YOU HAVE A PURPOSE MEMORISE : For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end Jeremiah 29:11 READ : Jeremiah 1:4-10 4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, 5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. 6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. 7 But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. 8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord. 9 Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. 10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and t...

AMONG THE DEAD? Sunday 26 August 2012


Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Memorise:  The man that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall remain in the congregation of the dead. Proverbs 21:16
Read: Ephesians 2:1-3
Knowing your spiritual standing is very important at any point in time. But one challenge is how to judge where you are, whether you are dead, sleeping, sitting, standing, running or flying. Who is a dead fellow? A dead man is one that has no feelings. If your conscience is hardened, you are spiritually dead. There are some pastors who are dead. No matter what they hear like: stop stealing, falsifying church records, committing adultery, etc. they will say, Amen; but when they return to their parishes, they will continue with their evil deeds. This they do because they are dead spiritually. Ephesians 2:1-3 speaks of those who are dead in sins and trespasses. The dead are those who sin and take pleasure in it. They enjoy living in sin which makes them no different from unbelievers.
It is as sport to a fool to do mischief: but a man of understanding hath wisdom. Proverbs 10:23.     
The pastor who verbally runs down his senior pastor and sees nothing wrong with it, is dead. It is a dead fellow who will witch-hunt other believers with the motive of replacing them. There is a growing congregation of the dead in the church today. If you want to stay alive, you must avoid them like a plague. Avoid any group in your church that promotes rebellion, gossiping, backbiting, segregation and any other evil. The day God’s wrath will fall on them, if you are with them, you will not be excluded.
If you have no feeling for your brother or sister, your conscience is dead. If you sin or do wrong and you do not feel anything, you are probably not only dead but buried in sin. If you oppress others, particularly your brethren that you were asked to do good to, it is because your conscience is dead or seared with a hot iron. Jesus says let the dead bury their dead. If you are dead, it is people like yourself that will finally nail your spiritual coffin- that is, they will ensure you never rise up again spiritually. This means, if you are part of the congregation of the dead, in order not to be buried by them, run back to Jesus today. Cry out to God to change your heart. Ask for a heart of flesh and make all necessary restitutions. Are you dead? The Lord says to you arise and He will heal your backsliding (Jeremiah 3:22).
PRAYER POINT:
Father, in any way I have become insensitive to your pricks, cause me to arise today.
 
Bible in one year: Amos 7-9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025