OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 09, 2026

Image
TOPIC: DEALING WITH MOUNTAINS MEMORISE : Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it. Zechariah 4:7 READ : Job 9:1-6 1 Then Job answered and said, 2 I know it is so of a truth: but how should man be just with God? 3 If he will contend with him, he cannot answer him one of a thousand. 4 He is wise in heart, and mighty in strength: who hath hardened himself against him, and hath prospered? 5 Which removeth the mountains, and they know not: which overturneth them in his anger. 6 Which shaketh the earth out of her place, and the pillars thereof tremble. MESSAGE Several years ago, a highly-placed woman in society walked into my office one morning and claimed that God had told her I was her husband. I responded in shock, “How can God tell you that I’m your husband when I’m happily married and you are also married?” She kept insisting that I was her husband, and when I ...

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: IRREVERSIABLE DIVINE BLESSINGS. Friday 23 January 2015



Memorise:
The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it. Proverbs 10:22

Read: Genesis 22:15-18
 15 And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time,
16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:
17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

Message
The blessings that can be regarded as irreversible are those which come from God. God Almighty decided to give irreversible blessings to Abraham. In Genesis 22:16-17, God declared thus:

“…By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: that in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed  as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;”

The condition nature of divine blessings makes some of them irreversible. When you fulfil some spiritual conditions for divine blessings, God will show Himself mighty, faithful and dependable in your life. Nobody is able to reverse a divine blessing, except God Himself. He will only reverse it if the recipient defaults in the terms of His covenant. For example, God reversed the promise He made to Eli when he and his sons failed to live to live by the terms of the covenant that made them God’s priest (1st Samuel 2:30). If God decides to bless you and you mess up, He can change a blessing to a curse.

The faithfulness of God in keeping His promise to Abraham is demonstrated in Genesis 26, while the irreversible nature of this promise is demonstrated in Genesis 35. In these two instances, the Almighty God reiterated to Isaac and Jacob that the promise He made to Abraham was an everlasting covenant.
  
Before a person can enjoy irreversible blessings, there are certain conditions he or she must fulfil in Jesus Christ. These include remarkable love towards God, sacrificial giving and commitment to holiness and worship. All these attributes are found in Jesus Christ, and they can rub off on anyone who accepts him as Lord and personal Saviour. The Bible in Colossians 1:19-20 says:

“For it pleased the Father that in him should all fullness dwell; And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.”

To enjoy irreversible blessings therefore, you must establish a lasting relationship with the Almighty Father, from whom all blessings flow, through Jesus Christ.

Action Point

Identify some irreversible blessings you have access to through Christ in the Bible, and ask God to bring about their manifestation in your life.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Jeremiah 1:1-3:5, Acts 13:26-47

AUTHOR: Pastor E.A. Adeboye


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025