OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2026

Image
TOPIC: YOU HAVE A PURPOSE MEMORISE : For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end Jeremiah 29:11 READ : Jeremiah 1:4-10 4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, 5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. 6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. 7 But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. 8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord. 9 Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. 10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and t...

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL : FRIDAY MAY 26TH 2023

TOPIC:  THE GATE OF MERCY

MEMORISE: 
All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies. Psalms 25:10 

READ: Romans 9:15 

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

MESSAGE
The gate of mercy is very wide and this is inspired by God's immeasurable love for us. Psalm 108:4 says:

For thy mercy is great above the heavens and thy truth reacheth unto the clouds.

The gate of mercy is so wide that it can take everybody in the world (John 3:16); however, this gate of mercy can be shut suddenly, in a way that no one can explain. The gate of mercy can snap shut within the twinkling of an eye. Proverbs 29:1 says: "He that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy ".

Some years ago, a woman was very sick and the doctors said there was nothing more they could do for her so her relatives brought her to me for prayers. As l laid my hand on her, l felt the anointing like hot oil flow through my hand, but as it got to her head, it returned immediately. I asked God why and He said, " l have had mercy and warned her several times , but she wouldn't listen. It is now my turn to refuse to heal her." I ran to the altar and cried to God, saying, "Please Lord, You said You don't want the destruction of a sinner and Your mercy endures forever, please have mercy!" I ran back to her and placed my hand on head again but the same thing  happened. I ran back to the altar, pleading for God to have mercy on her, but by the time I went three times and returned to lay hands on her again, she was dead.

Remember the story of fruitless tree in Luke 13:6-9? God said, "For three years l have examined this tree and done everything l could for it, yet it bore no fruit; l will cut it down". Mercy said, "Give it another chance, another year, to see what happens, if it still doesn't bring forth fruit, You can then cut it".

You don't know when your last chance will be . You don't know if the last time you sinned was your last chance before the gate of mercy shuts against you. Surrender completely to Jesus Christ now before it is too late.

KEY POINT 
The gate of mercy can be shut at any time. Start living holy now so that it doesn't shut you out of the mercy of God.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Esther 6-10

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE

HYMN 15: PASS ME NOT O GENTLE SAVIOUR 

1 Pass me not, O gentle Savior,
Hear my humble cry,
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.

Refrain:

Savior, Savior,
Hear my humble cry;
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.

2 Let me at a throne of mercy
Find a sweet relief;
Kneeling there in deep contrition,
Help my unbelief. [Refrain]

3 Trusting only in Thy merit,
Would I seek Thy face;
Heal my wounded, broken spirit,
Save me by Thy grace. [Refrain]

4 Thou the Spring of all my comfort,
More than life to me,
Whom have I on earth beside Thee?
Whom in heav'n but Thee? [Refrain]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025