OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2026

Image
TOPIC: THE BREATH OF GOD MEMORISE: Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live: Ezekiel 37:5 READ : Ezra 5:1-5, Ezra 6:14-15 1 Then the prophets, Haggai the prophet, and Zechariah the son of Iddo, prophesied unto the Jews that were in Judah and Jerusalem in the name of the God of Israel, even unto them. 2 Then rose up Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and Jeshua the son of Jozadak, and began to build the house of God which is at Jerusalem: and with them were the prophets of God helping them. 3 At the same time came to them Tatnai, governor on this side the river, and Shetharboznai and their companions, and said thus unto them, Who hath commanded you to build this house, and to make up this wall? 4 Then said we unto them after this manner, What are the names of the men that make this building? 5 But the eye of their God was upon the elders of the Jews, that they could not cause them to cease, till the matter came to Darius: a...

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: FRIDAY NOVEMBER 3RD 2023

TOPIC:  PRAYER FOR THE YOUTHS

MEMORISE:   
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12

READ: Jeremiah 1:4-10  

4 Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

6 Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.

7 But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.

8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.

9  Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.

10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.

PRAYERS:
 1. Father, thank You for the life of all our youths and for Your unfailing love over them.

 2. Father, please draw all our youths to You. Let them love and serve You genuinely, in Jesus' name.

 3. Father, please use our youths to win their generation to You, in Jesus' name.

 4. Father, please help all our youths to live holy and do not let the devil rob them of their inheritance in You.

 5. Father, please grant excellent success to all our youths and bless them mightily, in Jesus' name.

 6. Father, please destroy every agenda of the enemy to turn the hearts of Christian youths away from You, in Jesus' name.

 7. Father, please give our youths the grace to honour their elders so that their days can be long on earth.

 8. Father, please give our youths wisdom, knowledge and understanding so they can improve and not destroy what their parents will hand over to them, in Jesus' name.

 9. Father, please pour out Your Spirit on all our youths and use them to bring about a revival in Your Church.

 10. Father, please drive away every evil spirit causing depression, drug addiction and so on, far away from all our youths 

 11. Father, please help all our youths to fulfil Your will for their lives, in Jesus' name.

 12. Your personal prayer point for the youths in your family, Church and neighborhood.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: John 5-6

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE
HYMN 22: SWEET HOUR OF PRAYER

1 Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer! 
that calls me from a world of care, 
and bids me at my Father's throne 
make all my wants and wishes known. 
In seasons of distress and grief, 
my soul has often found relief, 
and oft escaped the tempter's snare 
by thy return, sweet hour of prayer! 

2 Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer! 
the joys I feel, the bliss I share 
of those whose anxious spirits burn 
with strong desires for thy return! 
With such I hasten to the place 
where God my Savior shows his face, 
and gladly take my station there, 
and wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer! 

3 Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer! 
thy wings shall my petition bear 
to him whose truth and faithfulness 
engage the waiting soul to bless. 
And since he bids me seek his face, 
believe his word, and trust his grace, 
I'll cast on him my every care, 
and wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025