OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 04, 2026

Image
TOPIC: WILL YOU BE READY? I MEMORISE : Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. Acts 1:11 READ : 2 Peter 3:3-14 3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. 8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand...

GIVERS NEVER LACK. Monday 1 December 2014

Memorise:
There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty.
Proverbs 11:24
Read: Luke 6:38
6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Message
If you are a good student of the Bible, you would have discovered that God specialises in performing special miracles when those who give sacrificially call upon Him. The story of the Shunammite woman teaches us vital lessons, one of which is that givers will always secure heavens’ attention. When you meet God’s needs, He will also meet your needs supernaturally and promptly. The Shunammite woman took care of Elisha time and again. She demonstrated uncommon commitment to ensuring that the man of God - Elisha, was well catered for at all times. And so one day, the Spirit of God told Elisha to ask this woman what she needed. She said she needed nothing but the man of God discovered that she had no child and he prophesied that she would have a baby within nine months. God’s word through Elisha was fulfilled and the Shunammite woman became a mother within nine months (2 Kings 4:16-17).

Givers always experience unprecedented miracles. When you give sacrificially, God will make the impossible become possible in your life. There is a brother I met during one of my ministerial trips to Eastern Nigeria. The brother picked me up at the airport having taken up the responsibility of driving me everywhere I went while the programme lasted. When it was time to leave, I thought of a parting gift I could give in appreciation of the hospitality. So I gave him some money and said, “Brother, kindly give this small gift to your children”. His response shocked me. He shouted “Amen” continuously and prayerfully. I called the Pastor-in-charge of that Province aside to find out why the brother was so enthusiastic about the gift I offered his children. The pastor informed me that although the brother was so rich, he was childless. I told the pastor that God was going to surprise him with a miracle. When I visited the same city the following year, the rich brother was at the airport as usual to pick me up. On that particular occasion, he came with a surprise gift. With tears of joy streaming down his face, he declared, “This is a gift from my first son”. The rich brother who had been childless for a number of years became a proud father miraculously by offering to drive me in his car. By believing the word of the Lord, the reproach of childlessness was rolled away from his life. You can begin to give sacrificially as from today and I tell you the Lord will bless you beyond your wildest dreams. I pray that your next offering will bring a gift that money cannot buy into your life in Jesus’ Name.

Action Point:
Look around you, find someone who is in need and bless him or her with a surprise gift. You will experience the beauty of being a generous giver.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR : 2 CHRONICLES 23:16-25:28 and ECCLESIASTES 2:17-26

AUTHOR : Pastor E.A. ADEBOYE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025