OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 04, 2026

Image
TOPIC: WILL YOU BE READY? I MEMORISE : Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. Acts 1:11 READ : 2 Peter 3:3-14 3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. 8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand...

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL. WOUNDS LEAVE THEIR SCARS: SATURDAY NOVEMBER 11TH 2017

Memorise:
If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. 1 Corinthians 3:17

Read: 1 Corinthians 3:16-17

3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Message:
God is both the God of love and a consuming fire (1 John 4:8, Hebrews 12:29). He is extreme in His love for mankind, and He can also be extreme in His judgment. This is why you must never take Him for granted. All over the world, there is a resurgence in the doctrine of eternal security. This doctrine says that once you are saved, no matter what you do, your salvation is forever intact. This is one of the deceptive pills that the devil uses to drown souls forever in Hell in these last days. You shall not fall victim to this in Jesus’ Name!

Today, many people are not taking the totality of God’s word into consideration while interpreting scriptures that talk about God’s grace. Such people believe that grace is devoid of responsibility. Ephesians 2:8 says we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, and I am in total agreement with this. Also 1 Corinthians 15:10 says that whatever we are and whatever we become is by the grace of God, and I also totally agree with this. But beyond these, some people further believe that works are not necessary any more or else it won’t be grace. This is a lie! Philippians 2:12 says after being saved by grace, you must work out your salvation with fear and trembling. Did 2 Timothy 2:22 not command us to flee from youthful lust? In fact, 1 Corinthians 3:17 says,

“If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.”

In other words, after being saved, you become a holy temple for God to dwell in. If you then go back to sin, God will bring His judgment on you. This too was written by the apostle of grace.

Beloved, never play with sin! Don’t joke with backsliding! Wounds can heal but the scars would remain as a reminder. The scarred flesh is never like the original. A scar is a dent on the body. It disfigures and distorts the fine form and beauty of the body. If you have a scar somewhere on your body and somebody looks at you there, the scar will be the very first thing they will see. When the prodigal son returned home, he was well received, and a feast was held in his honour, but he had lost his inheritance! He returned as a disenchanted son. After David sinned with Bathsheba and killed her husband, he later realized his evil, confessed it and was forgiven and restored to full fellowship with God; yet, the sword never departed from his house ever since! You can avoid scars! Live right before God and obey Him in all you do, and He will guide you to avoid the pits the devil has dug to orchestrate your fall.

Key Point:
Foolish people bring avoidable and unnecessary sufferings on themselves. Father, please give me a wise heart to avoid pitfalls.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Job 21-24
Amos 1:1-2:3  

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 11: I HAVE DECIDED TO FOLLOW JESUS

1. I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

2. Though none go with me, I still will follow;
Though none go with me, I still will follow;
Though none go with me, I still will follow
No turning back, no turning back.

3. My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

4. The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
No turning back, no turning back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025