OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 04, 2026

Image
TOPIC: WILL YOU BE READY? I MEMORISE : Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. Acts 1:11 READ : 2 Peter 3:3-14 3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. 8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand...

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL. JESUS: THE WAY: FRIDAY 19TH OCTOBER 2018

MEMORISE:
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

READ:  Matthew 7:13-14

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

MESSAGE
In John 14:6, the Lord Jesus Christ made a declarative statement to Thomas, which even today some archbishops cannot fathom. He said:

“...I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me”.

What did Jesus mean when He called Himself the Way? After Adam and Eve fell in the Garden of Eden, there was a break in connection that existed between God and man. From that moment, mankind has continually made efforts to find God because of the emptiness that exists in us without God. Revealing this emptiness and the resulting search for God, in Acts 17:26-27, the Holy Spirit said:

“And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us”.

The drive to fill this void is seen in the abundance of different religions in the world today, with each one recommending its own way to God. Having seen the end from the beginning, Jesus knew that this time would come, and so He said very clearly to all who will listen, “I am the Way.” He is the only Way to God, and there is no other way to get to God except through Him.

Because of the diverse doctrines around, you need to be careful and ensure that you have found the true God. You need to be sure that you are not just deluded into thinking you have obtained salvation and that you are on your way to heaven. Any other way to God that is not through the Lord Jesus is counterfeit. Are you in any religion that doesn’t recognize Jesus Christ as the way to God? Are you in any church that glorifies her General Overseers or Leader rather than the Lord Jesus Christ? Does your church propagate its own doctrines rather than the word of God as written in the Bible? It is time to come out of such an assembly and seek the one true God through Jesus Christ.

Another thing Jesus meant when He said He is the Way is that He is the perfect example to follow if you want to please God. Don’t make any man your standard because man will disappoint you. Our standard is Jesus Christ and Him alone. It is possible to attain Christ’s level of perfection here on earth, and this is why He gave us the Holy Spirit when He was leaving the earth. Are you going to heaven through The Way, and are you walking in His footsteps?

KEY POINT:
There is only one way to God; if you are not going through that Way, then you cannot reign with Christ in paradise.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:  Jeremiah 7-8
Luke 8:22-39

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 5: I HAVE DECIDED TO FOLLOW JESUS

1. I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

2. The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
No turning back, no turning back.

3. Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though- none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;
No turning back, no turning back.

4. My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

5. Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
No turning back, no turning back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025