OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 01, 2026

Image
TOPIC: PRAYERS FOR YOUR NATION MEMORISE : Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people. Deuteronomy 32:43 READ : Psalm 80:1-7 1 Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel, thou that leadest Joseph like a flock; thou that dwellest between the cherubims, shine forth. 2 Before Ephraim and Benjamin and Manasseh stir up thy strength, and come and save us. 3 Turn us again, O God, and cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved. 4 O LORD God of hosts, how long wilt thou be angry against the prayer of thy people? 5 Thou feedest them with the bread of tears; and givest them tears to drink in great measure. 6 Thou makest us a strife unto our neighbours: and our enemies laugh among themselves. 7 Turn us again, O God of hosts, and cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved. TODAY PRAYERS 1. Father, I thank You for my nation. Thank You for Your mighty hand of power...

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL. THE COST OF DISCIPLESHIP. : WEDNESDAY 11TH DECEMBER 2019

MEMORISE:
And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. Luke 9:23

READ:  Luke 9:23-26

23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?

26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

MESSAGE 
Many children of God in this generation don’t know that discipleship comes at a cost. They don’t even know that our Master, Jesus Christ, has a yoke that they must share with Him. He Himself said to us in Matthew 11:29:

“Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.”

Our willingness to share His yoke with Him is what qualifies us as His disciples. Today, the landscape of the Christian faith is dominated by what I term “the social gospel”. This gospel teaches that the end justifies the means. Things that Jesus Christ abhorred are what some so-called believers are courting today. Knowing that this would happen, the Holy Spirit revealed the mind of God on this to us in 2 Corinthians 6:15-16, saying:

“And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.”

This is the price of discipleship. There are many “disciples” today who are far from being the Lord’s true disciples. Many of such people cannot deny their ungodly friends, not to talk of denying themselves. They hold tenaciously to the world, contrary to the Holy Spirit’s instructions in 1 John 2:15-17. Beloved, are you a true disciple of Jesus or just pretending to be one? Ponder p this and let us stop deceiving ourselves. Remember the words of 2 Timothy 2:12, which says: 

“If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:”

Further speaking on discipleship, the Lord Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:24:

“The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord.”

The Lord’s principle on discipleship is firmly built on followership, service, humility, obedience and loyalty. If you want to follow Jesus acceptably, you must align your views with His ideals.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please give me the grace to be a disciple that is true to the demands of the Master’s expectation, in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 107-110
Zephaniah 3

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 

HYMN 10: I HAVE DECIDE TO FOLLOW JESUS.
1. I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

2. The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
No turning back, no turning back.

3. Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;
No turning back, no turning back.

4. My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

5. Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
No turning back, no turning back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025