OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 07, 2026

Image
TOPIC: WILL YOU BE READY? IV MEMORISE : Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Ephesians 4:26 READ : Romans 13:11-14, Colossians 3:5-8 Romans 13:11-14 11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. 12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. 13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. 14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof. Colossians 3:5-8 5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: 6 For which things’ sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience: 7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye ...

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL. READY FOR SERVICE? MONDAY 20TH APRIL 2020.

MEMORISE:
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. Acts 1:8

READ: John 15:16

16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

MESSAGE
All Christians are saved and given the mandate to go into the world to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and bring others into the Kingdom of God. Every Christian has also been equipped with all that is necessary to carry out the assignment. The Bible makes it clear that God does not give an assignment to His children without providing the necessary tools to execute the task. Before God sent the disciples out as witnesses to Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and uttermost parts of the earth, they were first filled with the power of the Holy Spirit is the One who equips the saints for tasks in the vineyard of God. The importance of the Holy Spirit is emphasized in Luke 24:49:

“…..behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.”

The Holy Spirit is so crucial for service that the disciples were told to remain in Jerusalem until His power came upon them.

When God calls anyone into a spiritual office, it is because He has a role for such a person to play in His redemption plan for mankind. Isaiah 61:1 says:

“The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;”

The Holy Spirit gives hope to the hopeless, healing to the sick and life to the spiritually dead persons. Acts 10:38 reveals that it is the anointing of the Holy Spirit that enabled Jesus to do all that He did. Hence, if we are to do the same and even greater works (John 14:12), then we must also be filled with the Holy Spirit. Are you ready for service?

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please anoint and equip me for greater works, in the mighty name of Jesus.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Samuel 1-4


AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 2:  ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER.

1. All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
o Refrain:
I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.

2. All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow;
Worldly pleasures all forsaken,
Take me, Jesus, take me now.

3. All to Jesus I surrender,
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.

4. All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.

5. All to Jesus I surrender,
Now I feel the sacred flame;
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory, to His Name!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025