OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2026

Image
TOPIC: JUST ONE BREAKTHROUGH MEMORISE : Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever. Psalm 112:3 READ : Psalm 37:23-29 23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. 24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand. 25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. 26 He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed. 27 Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore. 28 For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off. 29 The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever. MESSAGE Growing up, my father was so poor that even poor people called him poor. However, at that time, I had a friend whose father was poorer than mine. As poor as my father was, he was still able to gather enough money to send m...

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL. BEWARE OF STRANGE FIRE. : WEDNESDAY 3RD JUNE 2020.

MEMORISE:
And Nadab and Abihu died, when they offered strange fire before the LORD. Numbers 26:61

READ: Hebrews 13:8-13

8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

10 We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle.

11 For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp.

12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

13 Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.

MESSAGE 
In the physical realm, there are different types of fire used for varying constructive or destructive purpose.

This is also true in the spiritual realm where fire could be godly or ungodly, constructive or destructive. The Holy Spirit is the source of godly fire.

Samson tearing a lion apart in Judges 14:5-6 is a classic example of what you can do when the Spirit kindles godly fire inside you. When He kindles fire in you, supernatural power comes and you are able to overcome your enemies. On the other hand, an ungodly fire produces a desire to perform acts (or an act) that negates God’s will and commandments. It destroys completely. It can also be an ungodly act in itself as we see in the case of Nadab and Abihu who died because they offered strange fire before the Lord.

“And Nadab and Abihu died, when they offered strange fire before the LORD.” Numbers 26:61

The ungodly fire made Samson go after strange women. It destroyed him. Some years ago, one of my spiritual sons was confronted with a strange fire of erotic emotions with his secretary. He sought spiritual counsel from me and I told him plainly to sack her immediately. He did and the strange fire was quenched. When you allow strange fire to grow, it will destroy. This is why the Lord wants you to beware of strange fire.

Strange fire could be unbiblical worship. For example, an intending couple should not spend nights together alone in the name of prayer vigil. It is strange fire when a lady comes to minister at the altar with sensitive parts of her body exposed. A pastor that introduces the blood of animals as a means of anointing during deliverance service is also dealing in strange fire. It destroys. Read the Bible and crosscheck your life today for any such appearance. If there is, put it out from the source immediately.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, deliver your Church from strange fire, in the Mighty Name of Jesus. 

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Proverbs 4-6.

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 

HYMN 2: ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER. 

1. All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.

o Refrain:
I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.

2. All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow;
Worldly pleasures all forsaken,
Take me, Jesus, take me now.

3. All to Jesus I surrender,
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.

4. All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.

5. All to Jesus I surrender,
Now I feel the sacred flame;
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory, to His Name!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025