OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 01, 2026

Image
TOPIC: PRAYERS FOR YOUR NATION MEMORISE : Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people. Deuteronomy 32:43 READ : Psalm 80:1-7 1 Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel, thou that leadest Joseph like a flock; thou that dwellest between the cherubims, shine forth. 2 Before Ephraim and Benjamin and Manasseh stir up thy strength, and come and save us. 3 Turn us again, O God, and cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved. 4 O LORD God of hosts, how long wilt thou be angry against the prayer of thy people? 5 Thou feedest them with the bread of tears; and givest them tears to drink in great measure. 6 Thou makest us a strife unto our neighbours: and our enemies laugh among themselves. 7 Turn us again, O God of hosts, and cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved. TODAY PRAYERS 1. Father, I thank You for my nation. Thank You for Your mighty hand of power...

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL. UNDERSTANDING GOD. : SUNDAY 12TH JULY 2020.

MEMORISE:
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 1 Corinthians 2:14

READ: 1 Corinthians 2:11-16

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

MESSAGE:
And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand. Luke 8:10

Many people of the world think they understand spiritual things. They look at the things that we do and start judging. They tell us that we are not doing it right; they even go to the extent of trying to teach us how God wants us to do things. How do they know the mind of God when they themselves are living outside His will? Just as stated in Luke 8:10 above, the things of God are parables to them. They can hear, but cannot understand. They can read the Bible but cannot comprehend it because the letter killeth, but it is the Spirit that gives understanding (Isaiah 11:2). 1 Corinthians 2:11 says:

“For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.”

No one can understand the mind of God except through the Holy Ghost, so anyone who does not have the Spirit cannot know His mind.

Being a mathematician, when I heard about the principle of tithing, it made no sense to me. 100% of my salary was not enough to cover my expenses for the month, talk less of the remaining 90% after the tithe was paid. I however decide to try it and amazingly. I had more than enough to see me through the month. 

When next you hear unbelievers condemning the principles of God, don’t bother arguing with them; just say the truth you know and move on. Pray that they should encounter Christ and also have the Spirit of God within them so they can understand the ways of God too.

KEY POINT:
Someone who is not a member of your clan cannot understand your family culture. Don’t argue with them, just keep doing what the Bible says.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Chronicles 27
Isaiah 9-12.
 
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 

HYMN 13: I HAVE DECIDED TO FOLLOW JESUS.

1. I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

2. The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
No turning back, no turning back.

3. Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;
No turning back, no turning back.

4. My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

5. Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
No turning back, no turning back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025