OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2026

Image
TOPIC: JUST ONE BREAKTHROUGH MEMORISE : Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever. Psalm 112:3 READ : Psalm 37:23-29 23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. 24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand. 25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. 26 He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed. 27 Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore. 28 For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off. 29 The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever. MESSAGE Growing up, my father was so poor that even poor people called him poor. However, at that time, I had a friend whose father was poorer than mine. As poor as my father was, he was still able to gather enough money to send m...

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL : MONDAY OCTOBER 17TH 2022

TOPIC:  THAT I MAY KNOW HIM

MEMORISE:  
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. John 17:3

READ: Isaiah 43:10 -11

10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

MESSAGE
You can never know God enough. Paul said: 

That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;  Philippians 3:10

That is Paul- the great Apostle who God revealed so much of Himself to and this is evident in his writings which make up a significant part of the New Testament. Despite this, Apostle Paul still said he wished to know God more. You can never know enough of God because 1 Corinthians 13:9 says that 
‘We only know in part. Anyone who says he or she already knows all there is to know about God is a liar. Every believer must strive always to know more and more of God, it,should be our daily yearning.’

There are many benefits to knowing God. Firstly, it is only those who know God that can do exploits. The latter part of Daniel 11:32 says:
...but the people that do know their God shall be strong and do exploits.

The more of God you know, the more the exploits you can do and vice versa. Seek to know Him more so that you can do more and more exploits.

Secondly, eternal life is in knowing God.

In John 17:3, Jesus defined eternal life as being about knowing God and His son Jesus Christ.

If you know God, then you will begin to enjoy God's Kingdom right from here. When a believer goes to be with the Lord, it is wrong to say that they died because they crossed from death to life long ago. They are only sleeping (1 Thessalonians 4:13-14).

If you want to know God, you will spend time studying His word daily and you will gladly attend Bible Study. You will also pray very often.

When l just became born again, l was always the first to arrive at Bible Study meetings because l just wanted to know more about God daily. Up until now, l ensure that l pay attention and take notes anytime someone is talking about Jesus Christ. I just want to know Him more. What about you?

PRAYER POINT
Heavenly Father, please reveal more of Yourself to me. I want to know You more.

BIBILE IN ONE YEAR: Matthew 25-26

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE 

HYMN 14: NEARER MY GOD TO THEE
1. Nearer, my God, to thee,
Nearer to thee!
E’en though it be a cross
That raiseth me.
Still all my song shall be
Nearer, my God, to thee,
Nearer, my God, to thee,
Nearer to thee!

2. Though like the wanderer,
The sun gone down,
Darkness be over me,
My rest a stone,
Yet in my dreams I’d be
Nearer, my God, to thee,
Nearer, my God, to thee,
Nearer to thee!

3. There let the way appear,
Steps unto heav’n;
All that thou sendest me,
In mercy giv’n;
Angels to beckon me
Nearer, my God, to thee,
Nearer, my God, to thee,
Nearer to thee!

4. Then with my waking thoughts
Bright with thy praise,
Out of my stony griefs
Bethel I’ll raise;
So by my woes to be
Nearer, my God, to thee,
Nearer, my God, to thee,
Nearer to thee!

5. Or if, on joyful wing
Cleaving the sky,
Sun, moon, and stars forgot,
Upward I fly,
Still all my song shall be
Nearer, my God, to thee,
Nearer, my God, to thee,
Nearer to thee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025