OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2026

Image
TOPIC: THE BREATH OF GOD MEMORISE: Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live: Ezekiel 37:5 READ : Ezra 5:1-5, Ezra 6:14-15 1 Then the prophets, Haggai the prophet, and Zechariah the son of Iddo, prophesied unto the Jews that were in Judah and Jerusalem in the name of the God of Israel, even unto them. 2 Then rose up Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and Jeshua the son of Jozadak, and began to build the house of God which is at Jerusalem: and with them were the prophets of God helping them. 3 At the same time came to them Tatnai, governor on this side the river, and Shetharboznai and their companions, and said thus unto them, Who hath commanded you to build this house, and to make up this wall? 4 Then said we unto them after this manner, What are the names of the men that make this building? 5 But the eye of their God was upon the elders of the Jews, that they could not cause them to cease, till the matter came to Darius: a...

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: SATURDAY FEBRUARY 18TH 2023

TOPIC:  GOD CAN USE YOU TOO

MEMORISE:  
And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. Romans 11:6

READ: 1 Timothy 1:12 -16

12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

MESSAGE
There are many people in the Church who look at the Pastor as if God cannot use them similarly. They think they cannot heal the sick or even raised the dead, but this is very far from the truth. Maybe you feel so because you believe that you cannot make the same sacrifices that the Pastor makes, especially in fasting and prayers, but that is also not true. Zechariah 4:6 says , "... Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts".

Praying for 12 hours nonstop would be generally impractical unless the Holy Spirit helps the person. It is the same Holyspirit in you that is helping those you look up to, spend so much time fasting and praying to the extent that they carry such great anointing. Your willingness and total surrender to God are the major determinants of how much God can use you. Willingness mean that if you decide to fast for 7 days and by the 2nd day, your stomach is protesting, rather than break the fast, you would go to God in prayer for grace to continue. If you plan to pray in tongues between 9 pm and 11 pm everyday, but you get home very late and tired one day -rather than sleeping off by 9 pm, you'll still fall on your knees and compel yourself to pray.

I have always found the story of John Mark very interesting, Acts 15:37-40, tells how this young man - full of zeal, followed Paul and Barnabas on a missionary trip, but got to the mission field and, seeing how difficult things were, especially seeing people stoning them, ran back home. In Acts 15:38, Paul and Barnabas were about to go on another journey and Barnabas wanted John Mark to come with them, but Paul said, "No way, l'm not taking this deserter with me". When you read 2 Timothy 4:11 however, this same Paul now said to Timothy, "Bring John Mark to me, he is useful to me for the ministry ". The Gospel according to Saint Mark is attributed to this same boy who failed on his first missionary journey.

No matter how weak you seem now, with God's help you also can become a pillar in His Kingdom.

PRAYER POINT
Father, give me the grace to pay the price so that I can carry Your anointing.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Number 27-29

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE 

HYMN 7: I AM THINE O LORD

1 I am Thine, O Lord, I have heard Thy voice,
  And it told Thy love to me;
But I long to rise in the arms of faith,
  And be closer drawn to Thee.

Chorus:
Draw me nearer, nearer, blessed Lord,
  To the cross where Thou hast died;
Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer, blessed Lord,
    To Thy precious, bleeding side.

2 Consecrate me now to Thy service, Lord,
  By the pow’r of grace divine;
Let my soul look up with a steadfast hope,
  And my will be lost in Thine.

3 O the pure delight of a single hour
  That before Thy throne I spend,
When I kneel in prayer, and with Thee, my God,
  I commune as friend with friend!

4 There are depths of love that I yet may know
  Ere Thee face to face I see;
There are heights of joy that I yet may reach
  Ere I rest in peace with Thee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025