OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: TUESDAY, OCTOBER 06, 2026

Image
TOPIC: WILL YOU BE READY? III MEMORISE : I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. Luke 17:34 READ : Matthew 24:36-51 36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. 37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. 43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not ha...

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL : TUESDAY JUNE 6TH 2023

TOPIC:  LIGHT UP I

MEMORISE:  
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. John 8:12

READ: Isaiah 60:1 -3

1 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.

2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.

3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

MESSAGE
For the next few days, we will be discussing the nature or light and what it means to be lit up. I John 1:5 says that God is light. The color of pure light is white, but when you pass it through a glass prism, it breaks up,into the seven colors of the rainbow - Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet. For this series however, l'll focus on the colors red, yellow, green and blue. Red is the color of danger. Hebrews 12:29 says that God is a consuming fire, meaning that God is indeed powerful and not someone to be toyed with. If you don't believe me, ask Pharaoh. When you carry the light   of God in you, you become a danger to the enemy. That is why l Chronicles 16:22 says, "Touch not mine anointed and do my prophets no harm".

Red is also the color of blood and Revelation 12:11 says that the  saints overcame  Satan by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony. There is so much power in the blood of the Lamb that you  can use it to overcome Satan.  The Red in the light of God within you will make you dangerous and give you power to overcome the devil. Red also, signifies the stop sign.  When traffic light goes red, you know you have to stop (Exodus 12:23). Once you are lit up by the light of God, when evil sees you, it will stop.

Some years ago, a woman's came to me and said money kept disappearing from their house. Initially, she and her husband suspected each other of stealing the money until one day, they confronted each other and discovered that neither of them was the culprit. This meant they were in real trouble. I understood what was happening immediately, especially because the husband used to be deep in the occult before he became a Christian. I told them that they should always cover their moneys with the blood of Jesus so that anytime the devil came to steal it, he would find the blood of Jesus covering it and leave. From that day on they never lost anything again.

KEY POINT
When you carry the light of God, you become dangerous to the enemy.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 1-8

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE

HYMN 1: ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER

1 All to Jesus, I surrender 
All to Thee I freely give 
I will ever love and trust 
You In Your presence daily live  

Refrain

I surrender all, I surrender all 
All to Thee, my blessed Savior 
I surrender all  

2 All to Jesus, I surrender Lord,
I give myself to Thee 
Fill me with Your love and power 
Let Your blessing fall on me  

Refrain

3 All to Jesus I surrender 
Now I feel the sacred flame 
O the joy of full salvation a 
Glory, glory, to Your name  

Refrain

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025