OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: MONDAY, OC6T 05, 2026

Image
TOPIC: WILL YOU BE READY? II MEMORISE : Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. Luke 12:40 READ : Matthew 24:4-14 4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. 6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. 9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake. 10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold....

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SATURDAY DECEMBER 21ST 2024

TOPIC: THE LORD WHO COVERS YOU

MEMORISE: 
 And the Lord, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed. Deuteronomy 31:8

READ: Isaiah 41:10-13 

10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

11 Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish.

12 Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought.

13 For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.

MESSAGE
The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. Psalm 121:5

Shade, in the Scripture above, is referring to a cover over you. The Lord being a shade on your right hand means that His shadow will always be over you, hence, you can never be alone. There is no way you can separate a man from his shadow. It doesn't matter where you go, your shadow will always be by your side. Therefore, whenever you feel alone, remember that God is right there by your side; one of His titles is The Lord Who Covers You' (Psalm 121:5). I pray that the covering of the Lord will remain over you and all that concerns you at all times, in Jesus' name.

You may sometimes get into situations where you will look around you, and there seems to be no one to help you out. At such times, remember that God is by your side, and He is as close to you as your shadow. The Bible says in Hebrews 13:5: Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." Our God is not a man that He should lie (Numbers 23:19). If He said that He will never leave you nor forsake you, it means that He is always by your side. He is there to protect you whenever you need protection. This is why the Bible says in Isaiah 54:17:

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

The Shadow is there to advise you when you are confused about which decisions to make. This is why He said that you will always hear a voice behind you, telling you which way to go (Isaiah 30:21). He is there to encourage you when you feel overwhelmed by the challenges of life. That is why He said in Isaiah 41:10:

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee: yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Beloved, do not be afraid; the Lord of all lords is with you at all times. He is as close to you as your shadow. Trust Him with your life completely.

REFLECTION
Have you made the Lord your cover?

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Peter 1-5; 2 Peter 1-3

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE
HYMN 19: ROCK OF AGES CLEFT FOR ME

1. Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee;
Let the water and the blood,
From Thy riven side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure,
Save me from its guilt and power.

2. Not the labor of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law’s demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All could never sin erase,
Thou must save, and save by grace.

3. Nothing in my hands I bring,
Simply to Thy cross I cling;
Naked, come to Thee for dress,
Helpless, look to Thee for grace:
Foul, I to the fountain fly,
Wash me, Savior, or I die.

4. While I draw this fleeting breath,
When mine eyes shall close in death,
When I soar to worlds unknown,
See Thee on Thy judgment throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025