OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2026

Image
TOPIC: HOLD ON TO JESUS MEMORISE : The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts. Haggai 2:9 READ : Psalm 105:16-22 16 Moreover he called for a famine upon the land: he brake the whole staff of bread. 17 He sent a man before them, even Joseph, who was sold for a servant: 18 Whose feet they hurt with fetters: he was laid in iron: 19 Until the time that his word came: the word of the LORD tried him. 20 The king sent and loosed him; even the ruler of the people, and let him go free. 21 He made him lord of his house, and ruler of all his substance: 22 To bind his princes at his pleasure; and teach his senators wisdom. MESSAGE Have you ever faced a situation that seemed overwhelming to handle? You might have asked a lot of questions like, “Why doesn’t God just promote me? Why do I have to go through these unpleasant situations before He takes me to the next level?” Joseph probably ask...

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 26, 2026

TOPIC: FEAR GOD II

MEMORISE:
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Proverbs 1:7

READ: Daniel 1:8-20

8 But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king’s meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.

9 Now God had brought Daniel into favour and tender love with the prince of the eunuchs.

10 And the prince of the eunuchs said unto Daniel, I fear my lord the king, who hath appointed your meat and your drink: for why should he see your faces worse liking than the children which are of your sort? then shall ye make me endanger my head to the king.

11 Then said Daniel to Melzar, whom the prince of the eunuchs had set over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah,

12 Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink.

13 Then let our countenances be looked upon before thee, and the countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the king’s meat: and as thou seest, deal with thy servants.

14 So he consented to them in this matter, and proved them ten days.

15 And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the portion of the king’s meat.

16 Thus Melzar took away the portion of their meat, and the wine that they should drink; and gave them pulse.

17 As for these four children, God gave them knowledge and skill in all learning and wisdom: and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams.

18 Now at the end of the days that the king had said he should bring them in, then the prince of the eunuchs brought them in before Nebuchadnezzar.

19 And the king communed with them; and among them all was found none like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah: therefore stood they before the king.

20 And in all matters of wisdom and understanding, that the king enquired of them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and astrologers that were in all his realm.

MESSAGE
Yesterday, I discussed some benefits of having the fear of God, and today I will discuss how having the fear of God can give you access to the secrets of His heart.

The Bible says in Psalm 25:14 that the secret of the Lord is with those who fear Him, and He will reveal His covenant to them. God shares His secrets with those who fear Him, just like we humans tend to confide in those who believe in us and hold us in high regard.

Abraham was someone who feared the Lord, and in turn, he was given access to the secrets of God’s heart. When God wanted to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah, He said”…. Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do:” (Genesis 18:17). God can only say such about the people who fear Him because He knows that they will cherish His secrets.

Daniel was another person who gained tremendous insights because of how he feared and honoured God. He was taken into captivity at a young age, but his fear of the Lord led him to remain faithful to Him.

The Bible says in Daniel 1:8 that he purposed in his heart not to defile himself with the portion of the king’s meat. He honoured God by being faithful to Him even in a foreign land and also led his companions to do the same. God, in turn, honoured his decision by making him and his companions ten times better than their peers (Daniel 1:20). When the king had a dream that none of the magicians in the land could tell or interpret, God revealed it to Daniel (Daniel 2:19).

Beloved, when you fear God, you will never lack spiritual knowledge and insight because God will always make sure that you have access to it.

Today’s memory verse says that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, and Psalm 111:10 also says that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Everyone who feared the Lord in the Bible had access to uncommon knowledge.

If you want to access that kind of knowledge, you have to fear God. If you want God to give you the treasures of darkness and hidden riches in secret places, just as He promised in Isaiah 45:3, you must honour Him with your thoughts, decisions, and actions. I pray that the Almighty God will give you access to the secrets of His heart as you honour Him with your life, in Jesus’ name.

KEY POINT
Those who fear God have access to uncommon insights and knowledge.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Ezekiel 9-12
HYMN: All to Jesus

1 All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
 
I surrender all,
I surrender all.
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.

2 All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.

3 All to Jesus I surrender,
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.

4 All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.

5 All to Jesus I surrender,
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025