OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 03, 2026

Image
TOPIC: DON’T HARDEN YOUR HEART MEMORISE : Happy is the man that feareth alway: but he that hardeneth his heart shall fall into mischief. Proverbs 28:14 READ : Psalm 95:8-11 8 Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness: 9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work. 10 Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways: 11 Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest. MESSAGE There is great danger in hardening one’s heart to the word of God. In Revelation 2:7, the Bible says, “He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches…” In today’s world, many people are unwilling to listen to God’s word, especially when it condemns their wrongdoings. They mock and neglect genuine men of God and despise God’s ordinances. They are usually found in churches where sin is not condemned and where ungodl...

FACE TO FACE Sunday 8 July 2012


Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Memorise: For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known” 1 Corinthians 13:12
Read: 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17
Just like unbelievers, some believers equally have reasons to be shaken when it occurs to them that death is near. When you hear that death has come, what will come to mind? Is my heart right with God? Is there any pending restitution? Do I owe anybody including God tithes? Is there anyone I have not forgiven or made peace with? Have I finished the assignment God gave to me? How about my family? Have I written my will and appointed the person to execute it? Is there any legacy I am leaving behind that could negatively impact on my family after my departure? Will the Lord be ready to receive me as I return to Him today? These questions and several others will come to mind. If you have any of such unanswered questions, start providing the answers and do something about them now. Prepare for your departure. Some parents leave nothing for their children. What are you leaving behind for yours?
However, although we fear death, it is only when we die or are raptured that we can stay in Heaven. It is only in Heaven you will have no pain, death or sorrow and God will wipe all tears from your eyes (Revelation 21:3-4). On earth, even if all is well with you, you may still have a reason to be sorrowful when empathizing with others who are bereaved or suffered a major loss as instructed in Romans 12:15. As a believer, you should not fear death because it is only a door into eternal bliss where you will see Jesus face to face. Some people have seen Him in dreams and visions, but after death, you as a believer in right standing with God will see Him face to face, hold Him, walk with Him, play and laugh with Him. What took Job through his darkest moments was the joy of seeing Him face to face (Job 19:25) and the joy of knowing Him. Paul says in 1 Corinthians 13:12:
For now we see through a glass, darkly: but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
Yes, a day is coming, whether through death or the rapture when we shall be with Jesus throughout eternity. An eternity in the physical presence of the lover of souls, the One who died for us; this is something far beyond our imagination. Death can only help you to enter into that day.
KEY POINT:
When the issue of holiness is settled in your life, come death or rapture you are ready.
 
Bible in one year: Leviticus 24-27

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025