OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2026

Image
TOPIC: YOU HAVE A PURPOSE MEMORISE : For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end Jeremiah 29:11 READ : Jeremiah 1:4-10 4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, 5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. 6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. 7 But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. 8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord. 9 Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. 10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and t...

THE UNLIMITED GOD Thursday 12 July 2012



Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Memorise: To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One. Isaiah 40:25
Read: Isaiah 40:28-31
God is the omnipotent God. The word ‘omnipotent’ is a combination of two words Omni and potent. Omni means ‘all’ while potent means ‘power’. So the word omnipotent means the one who has all power.
Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me? Jeremiah 32:27
A major difference between God and man is in the area of limitation. Man is limited but God is unlimited. Man is limited in strength. Isaiah 40:30 says:
Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall.
As energetic as youths are, they can still faint, and fall. Man is also limited by death hence James 4:13-14 compares a man’s life with vapour. On the other hand, God is not limited in strength as He is neither tired nor weary (Isaiah 40:28). He does not need to sleep or slumber because He is never tired (Psalms 121:3-4). God is not limited by death because He lives forever (Revelation 4:9). The spirit of death is only one of His numerous creatures and when God is through with it, He will send it to the lake of fire (Revelation 20:14).
Many people make promises that they honestly intend to keep but before they could fulfil their promises, death snatches them away. God never grows old as He is from everlasting to everlasting (Psalms 90:1-2). Also, He has no beginning, since everything that has a beginning must equally have an end. Hence, whatever problems there are in your life today started one day and must also end one day. Our God is unlimited in resources unlike men. There are times you will desire to do something, say assist a needy fellow or heal a sick person but the resources will be lacking: but not so with God. Some years ago, my youngest son came to ask me what I wanted for Christmas but I told him not to bother. He insisted that I should just mention it so I asked him to buy me an aeroplane. He laughed and said that was not the kind of gift he was talking about. Why? It was because he was limited. Some people would wish they could support the projects in camp or buy their pastor a car or house but they are limited in resources. The implication is this: because God cannot be limited, all our limitations are extremely limited. Every limitation facing you shall be swallowed up by His unlimitedness in Jesus name.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, this season, let your Almightiness swallow every limitation in my life and family.
 
Bible in one year: Luke 14-17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025