OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2026

Image
TOPIC: THE BREATH OF GOD MEMORISE: Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live: Ezekiel 37:5 READ : Ezra 5:1-5, Ezra 6:14-15 1 Then the prophets, Haggai the prophet, and Zechariah the son of Iddo, prophesied unto the Jews that were in Judah and Jerusalem in the name of the God of Israel, even unto them. 2 Then rose up Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and Jeshua the son of Jozadak, and began to build the house of God which is at Jerusalem: and with them were the prophets of God helping them. 3 At the same time came to them Tatnai, governor on this side the river, and Shetharboznai and their companions, and said thus unto them, Who hath commanded you to build this house, and to make up this wall? 4 Then said we unto them after this manner, What are the names of the men that make this building? 5 But the eye of their God was upon the elders of the Jews, that they could not cause them to cease, till the matter came to Darius: a...

HOLD ON TO GOD Saturday 7 July 2012


Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Memorise: My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130:6
Read: Psalms 130:5-6
Anyone who is too much in a hurry will most likely miss out from God’s agenda. God is very patient. If you will walk with Him, you too must be patient or else you will find yourself going ahead of Him. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 says, “Pray without ceasing”. Luke 11:9-11 says keep knocking until the door opens; wait as long as it takes. You may never get some valuable blessings if you are not patient. One particular year, immediately after we rounded up our Convention, I told my people I need rest and therefore would not attend to anyone. A woman from the north came and asked if I was home. They said yes, but also told her that I was not going to see anybody. They served her food and told her I was not coming out that day. She replied that she was in no hurry and that any day I decide to come out, I will meet her there. Later, my wife came and told me that the woman had refused to go until she sees me. I had to suspend my rest to meet her in my sleeping dress.  I asked her what her problem was and she said it was her head. She said whenever something good was coming, her head would refuse it and that I should just touch her head and she will go. So I did and she left.
When was the last time you held unto God like Jacob or like this woman and told Him you are tired of being an ordinary, powerless Christian or minister; that you were going nowhere until He did something about your situation? That was the kind of persistence we knew in time past. When I newly joined the Redeemed Christian Church of God newly, after the morning service we would go home. By the time we returned for the evening service, there would still be people who have not left, still settling their issues with God. You cannot persist like that and not expect something good to happen to you. If you can hold on to God, He will take you serious and attend to you. If you are too busy to wait on Him, He will tell you He is busier. After all, you may just attend to some tens or hundreds of issues while He is attending to billions on earth and at the same time attending to the billions in Heaven, besides all the animals, birds, fishes etc. Learn to hold on to God!
ACTION POINT:
Until Jacob wrestled with God, the prince in him remained buried. Release your princely potentials by wrestling with God today.
 
Bible in one year: Leviticus 20-23

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025