OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2026

Image
TOPIC: YOU HAVE A PURPOSE MEMORISE : For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end Jeremiah 29:11 READ : Jeremiah 1:4-10 4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, 5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. 6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. 7 But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. 8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord. 9 Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. 10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and t...

VICTORY DEVOURERS Sunday 22 July 2012


Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Memorise: Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. Romans 13:2
Read: Judges 14:1-3
It is one thing to be victorious but another thing to retain the victory. Victory not retained turns a victor into a victim. In order to keep your victory and walk in it, it is very crucial to learn from those who lost their victory, the reasons why their victory was lost. May you retain your victory in Jesus name.
One Bible character who got victory over his enemies was Samson. He knew what it meant to be victorious because of the mighty presence of the Holy Spirit upon him, yet he died in the prison of his enemies. What rubbished his victory? In Judges 14:1-3, Samson failed to listen to his parents. He felt they were too old fashioned in their views. He could not be under the control or authority of anyone. The elders may not be as educated as you are, but there is something they know that has kept them victorious which you may not know with all your education. Anyone who cannot submit to authority will most likely lose the victory he or she has received. There are some wives who cannot submit to the authority of their husbands because they have a better job or earn better income than them. Sorry, you may not be able to retain your victory! When the Lord says you should submit, He did not exclude your position or income. A minister who cannot be controlled, instructed or corrected by his or her pastor will surely lose his or her victory.
Another reason Samson lost his victory was because he was unequally yoked together with a Philistine in marriage. Brother, of all the sisters in the Kingdom, you could not find one to marry except a lady of another faith? By that marriage, you have automatically become a loser, a big time loser. Are you unequally yoked with an unbeliever in business? Separate today! Are you heading for the altar to wed an unbeliever? Break that relationship now before you end up in your enemy’s prison. In addition, Samson was not circumspect enough to know who to tell what. He opened his mouth and revealed his secrets to his enemy and they enslaved him. What are you telling people about yourself? Do you know who your enemies are? Samson was impatient and self-willed, not caring about God’s will and he was very unthankful. In whatever form any of these is seen in your life, prayerfully expunge them today so that your victory will not be eaten up.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, today by your mercy, uproot every victory devourer in my life.
 
Bible in one year: 1 Samuel 25-28

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025