OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 04, 2026

Image
TOPIC: WILL YOU BE READY? I MEMORISE : Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. Acts 1:11 READ : 2 Peter 3:3-14 3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. 8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand...

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL. LET GO OF ANGER. THURSDAY 29TH OCTOBER 2020.

MEMORISE:
He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city. Proverbs 16:32

READ: Ephesians 4:31-32

31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

MESSAGE:
Anger is so dangerous because it can destroy a lifetime of achievement within seconds. Ask Moses: a man who God spoke to face to face (Exodus 33:11), the man who led the children of Israel out of bondage in Egypt and also caused the Egyptian army to be destroyed in the Red Sea (Exodus 14:27,28). Many great miracles had happened through him and he was on the to leading the children of Israel to the promise land, but anger ended his mission within seconds. (Numbers 20:10-12).

Anger is a destiny-killer and that is why I am determined never to get angry again in my life. I was once asked to act the role of an angry man in a play. As hard as I tried, I just couldn’t do it because I had dealt with anger so much in my life. Once in a while, things happen around me that can get me anger but I ensure that I do not stop doing things that help me avoid anger.

Always be in control of your emotions. Anger has a way of making people say or do things they wouldn’t normally. You need to be in control so anger does not take you in that direction. When people say “That is how I behave when I get angry”, it shows they don’t place great value on their destiny. If you let anger dictate how you behave, it will also dictate how far you go. Proverbs 25:28 says:

“ He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.”

You have control; use it!

When someone gets me angry, I sing choruses. As I sing, I am inviting the Holy Spirit to take control and since He is a gentle Spirit, once He comes in, the anger will go. At others times, you may just quietly leave a place to avoid getting angry.

Whatever you do, ensure anger does not control you.

“He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.” Ecclesiastes 7:9 

Don’t be a fool.

KEY POINT:
If you let anger dictate how you behave, it will also dictate how far you go in life.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Luke 17:11-18:14

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 

HYMN 25: ROCK OF AGES, CLEFT FOR ME.

1. Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee;
Let the water and the blood,
From Thy wounded side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure,
Save from wrath and make me pure.

2. Not the labor of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law’s demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone.

3. Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to Thy cross I cling;
Naked, come to Thee for dress;
Helpless, look to Thee for grace;
Foul, I to the fountain fly;
Wash me, Savior, or I die.

4. While I draw this fleeting breath,
When my eyes shall close in death,
When I rise to worlds unknown,
And behold Thee on Thy throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025