OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2026

Image
TOPIC: JUST ONE BREAKTHROUGH MEMORISE : Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever. Psalm 112:3 READ : Psalm 37:23-29 23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. 24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand. 25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. 26 He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed. 27 Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore. 28 For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off. 29 The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever. MESSAGE Growing up, my father was so poor that even poor people called him poor. However, at that time, I had a friend whose father was poorer than mine. As poor as my father was, he was still able to gather enough money to send m...

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: TUESDAY FEBRUARY 11TH 2025

TOPIC: TRUE FREEDOM

MEMORISE:
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. John 8:36

READ: Psalms 145:5-10
5 I will speak of the glorious honour of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works.

6 And men shall speak of the might of thy terrible acts: and I will declare thy greatness.

7 They shall abundantly utter the memory of thy great goodness, and shall sing of thy righteousness.

8 The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.

9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

10 All thy works shall praise thee, O LORD; and thy saints shall bless thee.

MESSAGE
Ordinarily, a fish in a well might seem to be doing well as it swims in circles. However, it can't get out because it is surrounded by a wall. Being in prison is just like being a fish in a well. Prisoners are fed, but usually not with the kinds of food they would love to eat. Also, when they are sick. they are treated. I know this because I go to prisons to preach. Prisoners are taken care of and appear to live a seemingly normal life, but their freedom is limited within the walls of the prison. 

If you are in a group or association that you cannot dare to come out of, you are in prison. It may seem like being a part of that cult is giving you some privileges. However, when you look closer, you will see that you have given more than you have gotten from the group. Most times, they will ask you to give things or make sacrifices that would hurt you greatly, including sacrificing your loved ones. Worse still, no matter how terrible what you might be asked to give is, you cannot leave. You may have seen examples of people who tried to leave but died, became mad, or encountered something worse. Often, such associations hold firmly to their members and violently go after those who leave; this is why you need the Great I AM on your side. Beloved, the only way to get out of a prison is when a superior force comes to rescue you. If you are in bondage spiritually, you need Jesus to get you out. Just as the Israelites needed God's mighty hand to bring them out of Egypt, you also need to cry out to God to bring you out.

Beloved, if you are neck-deep in any evil association, God can save you when you cry out to Him and repent genuinely (Psalm 79:11). He doesn't ignore a sincere cry, neither does He despise a broken and contrite heart (Psalm 51:17). He wants to save you now so you can enjoy the true freedom that comes with being a part of His Kingdom. Genuine repentance means giving up everything you have received from the association and denouncing everything about them. You cannot hold onto the devil's lies and receive God's freedom.

KEY POINT
Christ is the only One who gives true freedom.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Numbers 8-10

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE
HYMN 14: O WHAT A WONDERFUL WONDERFUL DAY
1. Oh What A Wonderful Wonderful Day
Day I Will Never Forget
After I’d Wandered In Darkness Away
Jesus My Saviour I Met
Oh What A Tender Compassionate Friend
He Met The Need Of My Heart
Shadows Dispelling With Joy I Am Telling
He Made All The Darkness Depart

Chorus
Heaven Came Down And Glory Filled My Soul
When At The Cross The Saviour Made Me Whole
My Sins Were Washed Away
And My Night Was Turned To Day
Heaven Came Down And Glory Filled My Soul

2. Born Of The Spirit With Life From Above
Into God’s Family Divine
Justified Fully Thru Calvary’s Love
Oh What A Standing Is Mine
And The Transaction So Quickly Was Made
When As A Sinner I Came
Took Of The Offer Of Grace
He Did Proffer He Saved Me
Oh Praise His Dear Name

3. Now I’ve A Hope That Will Surely Endure
After The Passing Of Time
I Have A Future In Heaven For Sure
There In Those Mansions Sublime
And It’s Because Of That Wonderful Day
When At The Cross I Believed
Riches Eternal And Blessings Supernal
From His Precious Hand I Received

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025