OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2026

Image
TOPIC: JUST ONE BREAKTHROUGH MEMORISE : Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever. Psalm 112:3 READ : Psalm 37:23-29 23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. 24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand. 25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. 26 He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed. 27 Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore. 28 For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off. 29 The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever. MESSAGE Growing up, my father was so poor that even poor people called him poor. However, at that time, I had a friend whose father was poorer than mine. As poor as my father was, he was still able to gather enough money to send m...

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SATURDAY FEBRUARY 8TH 2025

TOPIC: BONDAGE BY ASSOCIATION I

MEMORISE: 
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the Way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. Psalm 1:1

READ: Numbers 16:1-3 

1 Now Korah, the son of Izhar, the son of Kohath, the son of Levi, and Dathan and Abiram, the sons of Eliab, and On, the son of Peleth, sons of Reuben, took men:

2 And they rose up before Moses, with certain of the children of Israel, two hundred and fifty princes of the assembly, famous in the congregation, men of renown:

3 And they gathered themselves together against Moses and against Aaron, and said unto them, Ye take too much upon you, seeing all the congregation are holy, every one of them, and the LORD is among them: wherefore then lift ye up yourselves above the congregation of the LORD?

MESSAGE
The aroma of food from a kitchen can cling to you such that people will know that you have been to the kitchen. Likewise, when you go to a place where demons operate, they can cling to you. This is why Proverbs 21:16 says that the man who wanders from the way of understanding will remain in the congregation of the dead.

Beloved, you should not unwind in nightclubs where devil-inspired music is played, and all sorts of evil things are happening. You would be opening up your heart for demons to come in.

A young fellow once went somewhere he shouldn't have gone to and came back loaded with demons. He couldn't sit or stand; he could only lie down like a vegetable. He was brought to the RCCG Headquarters, and when I saw him, I was led by the Holy Spirit to say to him, "I want to pray with you. Kneel." He said, "| can't kneel." I then said, "l command you to kneel." He replied, "In whose name?" I responded, "In the name of Jesus." He then said, that’s different" as he knelt down. I prayed for him, cast the demons out of him, and said, "Get up." He said, "1 can't stand up." I replied, "I command you to stand up." He then said, "In whose name?" I responded, "In the name of Jesus." He again said, "That's different" and got up. I then told him, "You can go home, have your bath, and go to work." He replied, "I can't walk." I said, "I command you." He replied, "In whose name?" I responded, "In the name of Jesus." He walked home by himself and was free from that day on.

Many people are demon-possessed today because they went to the wrong places and associated with the wrong people. When you walk with godly people and constantly engage in godly activities, you are inviting God's presence to abide with you; when you do the opposite, you are inviting the devil and his demons to fellowship with you. The devil is not a gentleman; he will not leave because you are tired of him or think that his time is up. Wherever he enters, he has a threefold mission; to steal, kill, and destroy (John 10:10).

Child of God, if you don't want to be in any form of bondage, flee every appearance of evil (1 Thessalonians 5:22). Don't entertain the devil in any way (Ephesians 4:27) so you can maintain your liberty in Christ.

KEY POINT
Check your association; avoid places and people that can lead you into bondage.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Numbers 3-4

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE
HYMN 28: GUIDE ME, O THOU GREAT JEHOVAH
1. Guide me, O thou great Jehovah
pilgrim through this barren land;
I am weak, but you are mighty;
hold me with your powerful hand.
Bread of heaven, bread of heaven,
feed me now and evermore,
feed me now and evermore.

2. Open now the crystal fountain,
where the healing waters flow.
Let the fire and cloudy pillar
lead me all my journey through.
Strong Deliverer, strong Deliverer,
ever be my strength and shield,
ever be my strength and shield.

3. When I tread the verge of Jordan,
bid my anxious fears subside.
Death of death, and hell's Destruction,
land me safe on Canaan's side.
Songs of praises, songs of praises
I will ever sing to you,
I will ever sing to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025