OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2026

Image
TOPIC: JUST ONE BREAKTHROUGH MEMORISE : Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever. Psalm 112:3 READ : Psalm 37:23-29 23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. 24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand. 25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. 26 He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed. 27 Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore. 28 For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off. 29 The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever. MESSAGE Growing up, my father was so poor that even poor people called him poor. However, at that time, I had a friend whose father was poorer than mine. As poor as my father was, he was still able to gather enough money to send m...

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: MONDAY FEBRUARY 10TH 2025

TOPIC: THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF CHRIST

MEMORISE:
Awake righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame. 1 Corinthians 15:34

READ: 1 Timothy 6:11-12

11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

MESSAGE
Becoming the righteousness of God in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21) is a great responsibility because people should see God's righteousness in you. This does not give you the liberty to sin; rather, it gives you the responsibility to reflect Christ in a perverse world. l once travelled from Ilesa, a town in Western Nigeria, to visit my Father in the Lord in Lagos. As I was driving to see him, I remembered that I shouldn't visit a man of God empty- handed. When I got to Surulere in Lagos, I saw an orange seller by the roadside and stopped to get some. When lI arrived at his place, I presented the oranges, and as he ate the first one, he said, "Ha! This orange is sweet. Did you buy it on the road?" I replied, "Yes sir." I understood the question; he wanted to know if l bought the oranges on the way before l got to Lagos. I should have told him that I bought them in Surulere, but I said "Yes." Immediately, I became uncomfortable because the Holy Spirit convicted me.

Consequently, I cleared my throat and said, "Papa, the question you asked; the answer is no'. I bought the oranges in Surulere." The old man looked at me, smiled, and said, "Holy Spirit."

As the righteousness of God in Christ, you cannot enjoy sin any longer. You cannot lie conveniently or steal without remorse. Just as Papa knew that it was the Holy Spirit who convicted me, people must see a change in your actions and attitude if you truly carry God's righteousness.

Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
Matthew 3:8

John the Baptist made the statement in the Scripture above to the Pharisees and Sadducees who had come to his baptism. He told them that it wasn't enough to claim to be righteous when their actions contradicted their claims. This applies to you too; your actions should not contradict God's word. Righteousness means right living; therefore, your lifestyle must reflect God's standard pattern for life. It must reveal God's truth, peace, and love to the world. God has a standard which is summarized with this bold message: ..let everyone that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity" (2 Timothy 2:19).

Beloved, God wants you to be filled with all the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ to the praise and glory of His name (Philippians 1:11). Don't just claim to be the righteousness of God in Christ; live it!

KEY POINT
You must bring forth the fruits of righteousness.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Numbers 7

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE
HYMN 20: STAND UP, STAND UP FOR JESUS

1. Stand up, stand up for Jesus
ye soldiers of the cross;
lift high his royal banner,
it must not suffer loss.
From vict'ry unto vict'ry
his army he shall lead
till ev'ry foe is vanquished
and Christ is Lord indeed.

2. Stand up, stand up for Jesus,
the trumpet call obey;
forth to the mighty conflict
in this his glorious day.
Ye that are men now serve him
against unnumbered foes;
let courage rise with danger
and strength to strength oppose.

3. Stand up, stand up for Jesus,
stand in his strength alone;
the arm of flesh will fail you,
ye dare not trust your own.
Put on the gospel armor,
each piece put on with prayer;
where duty calls or danger,
be never wanting there.

4. Stand up, stand up for Jesus,
the strife will not be long;
this day the noise of battle,
the next, the victor's song.
To him that overcometh
a crown of life shall be;
he with the King of glory
shall reign eternally.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025