OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 04, 2026

Image
TOPIC: WILL YOU BE READY? I MEMORISE : Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. Acts 1:11 READ : 2 Peter 3:3-14 3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. 8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand...

OPEN HEAVEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY JUNE 10TH 2026

TOPIC: MIND YOUR FRIENDS
 
MEMORISE: 
Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt manners.
1 Corinthians 15:33
 
READ: 2 Corinthians 6:14-17 

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
 
MESSAGE
Many Christians profess to be children of God; however, they still maintain really close friendships with unbelievers and are heavily influenced negatively by such relationships. They attend church regularly, but they have friends who want nothing to do with the Church. Christians such as this might hear God's word regularly and even be involved in the various church activities; however, when they are in the midst of their friends, they never discuss the things of God with them. Eventually, their association with such friends becomes a thorn that chokes God's word in their hearts.

Today's Bible reading admonishes us to be separate from the world because light has nothing to do with darkness. Believe me, it is easier for a fellow to be brought down than to be pulled up by another fellow. This means that it is easier for friends who are unbelievers to pull down a Christian than for the Christian to pull such friends up. This is why Paul advised Christians not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers.

Beloved, if you have friends who are worldly, you most likely will begin to care so much about worldly things, and James 4:4 tells us that friendship with the world is enmity with God. When your close friends always speak ill about God, the Church, and men of God, you will likely begin to mock the things of God. In 2 Timothy 4:10, Paul told us about a young man named Demas who was his companion on some of his missionary journeys but eventually forsook him and left the faith because he loved the world. When a fellow allows unholy friends to introduce little foxes like ungodly habits, unrighteous conversations, and immoral behavior into his or her life, it will eventually ruin the fellow (Song of Solomon 2:15).

Are there wild desires or ungodly habits in your life that can be traced to your association with some of your friends? Break up with such desires and habits so that you won't sow among thorns and miss out on God's blessings or be pushed out of your purpose like Demas.

Furthermore, dissociate yourself from unholy friends and begin to cultivate a more intimate relationship with God and other believers who can influence you positively and help strengthen your faith. I pray that the Almighty God will guide you to cultivate relationships with godly people that will influence you to be more committed to Him and strengthen you to fulfil His purpose for your life, in Jesus' name.
 
PRAYER POINT
Father, please guide me to make friends with the right people, in Jesus' name.
 
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalms 28-33
 
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE
 
HYMN 7: I AM THINE O LORD
1 I am Thine, O Lord, I have heard Thy voice,
And it told Thy love to me;
But I long to rise in the arms of faith,
And be closer drawn to Thee. 
 
Refrain 
Draw me nearer, nearer, blessed Lord,
To the cross where Thou hast died;
Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer, blessed Lord,
To Thy precious, bleeding side.
 
2 Consecrate me now to Thy service, Lord,
By the pow’r of grace divine;
Let my soul look up with a steadfast hope,
And my will be lost in Thine.

3 O the pure delight of a single hour
That before Thy throne I spend,
When I kneel in prayer, and with Thee, my God,
I commune as friend with friend!
 
4 There are depths of love that I yet may know
Ere Thee face to face I see;
There are heights of joy that I yet may reach
Ere I rest in peace with Thee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025