OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 04, 2026

Image
TOPIC: WILL YOU BE READY? I MEMORISE : Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. Acts 1:11 READ : 2 Peter 3:3-14 3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. 8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand...

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, JUNE 21, 2026

TOPIC: TOPIC: EMULATE YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER

MEMORISE
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises. - (Hebrews 6:12)

READ: Ephesians 5:1-5 (KJV)

1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;

2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling savour.

3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.

5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

MESSAGE
Years ago, a pastor prayed and told God that if He gave him ten percent of what I had, he would be satisfied. God told him that if he could do what I do, then he would get what I had. When he asked God about what I had done in the past, God told him that I started with 40 days of fasting. The man told God to leave him as he was because he was not ready to follow that example.

Child of God, to achieve certain results in life, you must follow certain examples as it is only natural to eventually become like those whose lifestyle you emulate. When Elijah was taken up into heaven, Elisha received a double portion of the anointing on Elijah's life, took Elijah's mantle, rolled it up, and struck River Jordan. Then, he asked God to part the river as he had parted it for Elijah, and God did so. Elisha followed his father's example. Paul told the believers at Corinth to follow him as he followed Christ (1 Corinthians 11:1). The question is, who are you following? Who are you mimicking? Ephesians 5:1 says that we should be followers of God as dear children.

As we follow God, there are also people of God around us whom we can also follow. Today's memory verse urges us to follow those who, through faith and patience, inherit the promises. There are patterns and examples you should follow as a child of God. If someone is truly following Jesus Christ, then you are safe when you follow him or her because such a person will lead you to the Lord. God has provided many great examples in His word and has also given us fathers in the faith to emulate as they follow Christ. To truly emulate someone, you must study them closely and watch what they are doing. You cannot emulate people just from little clips you see about them on social media, because there are many things about them that you will miss. Read their books, volunteer to work with them, and study how they approach matters.

Beloved, as you emulate your heavenly Father, also become a good and worthy example to others. Follow Christ so that those emulating you will also find Him. I pray that as you emulate your heavenly Father, He will make you a worthy ambassador for Him, in Jesus' name. 

ACTION POINT
Today is Father's Day. Pray that God will help all fathers to be worthy of emulation. 

AUTHOR: Pastor E. A. Adeboye 

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Psalms 89 - 94
HYMN 24 - I WANT TO BE LIKE JESUS

1. I want to be like Jesus, 
So lowly and so meek; For no one mark'd an angry word, That ever heard Him speak.

2. I want to be like Jesus, 
So frequently in prayer; Alone upon the mountain top, 
He met his Father there. 

3. I want to be like Jesus, 
I never, never find That He, though persecuted was To anyone unkind. 

4. I want to be like Jesus, 
Engaged in doing good; So that of me it may be said 
"He hath done what he could." 

5. I want to be like Jesus, 
Who sweetly said to all, "Let little children come to Me;" I would obey the call. 

6. But oh I'm not like Jesus, 
As anyone may see; o gentle Saviour, send Thy grace, And make me like to Thee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025