OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 04, 2026

Image
TOPIC: WILL YOU BE READY? I MEMORISE : Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. Acts 1:11 READ : 2 Peter 3:3-14 3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. 8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand...

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: TUESDAY 11th MAY 2021.

TOPIC: SERVICE TO THE ANOINTED
  
MEMORISE:
For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward. Mark 9:41
 
READ:  Matthew 10:40-42

 40 He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

41 He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.

42 And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.
 
MESSAGE:
Another reason Elisha achieved uncommon greatness is that he was devoted to God's servant, Elijah. The Bible says that Elisha poured water on Elijah's hands, meaning that he served him. Beloved, there are lots of blessings reserved for those who serve God's prophets. Matthew 10:41 says:

 "He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward."
 
When a man of God says, "God bless you", he is not just speaking idly; he is loading you with prophetic blessing that will give you tremendous testimonies. This is why you must be ready to do anything that will qualify you for such a divine blessing. One of my sons-in-the-Lord in the United States once shared his testimony thus: "The last time the General Overseer (G.O.) was here, my pastor told me I had been chosen to drive him throughout the duration of his visit I tried to explain that I was preparing for a major examination and might not be able to. However, the pastor insisted. In the end, I decided that since the G.O would only be spending one day, I could manage to combine the driving assignment with my preparation for the crucial examination. To my surprise the G.O. spent a whole week. When he was finally leaving, he simply said to me "God bless you". To the glory of God, despite the limited time I had for studying, I passed my examinations with flying colors and I got a new job. Now that the G.O. is here on another ministerial visit, I must be the one to drive him". You will never miss your reward in Jesus' name.
 
Elisha was committed to the business of the kingdom; that was why the only thing he wanted from Elijah was a double portion of his spirit He knew if he had what he would use for God's work he would get every other thing as promised in Matthew 6:33. God is looking for believers who are committed to kingdom business. Will you be available? As you work for God and serve His anointed ministers, God will remember your labor of love and bless you tremendously in the mighty name of Jesus.
 
ACTION POINT:
Think of what you can do to extend the frontiers of God's Kingdom on earth and begin to act decisively today.                            

 BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Judges 3-5.
  
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 
 
 HYMN 13: I've A Message From The Lord, Halletuyah.
 
1. I’ve a message from the Lord, hallelujah!
This message unto you I’ll give,
’Tis recorded in His word, hallelujah!
It is only that you “look and live.”

o   Refrain:
“Look and live,” my brother, live,
Look to Jesus now, and live;
’Tis recorded in His word, hallelujah!
It is only that you “look and live.”
 
2. I’ve a message full of love, hallelujah!
A message, O my friend, for you,
’Tis a message from above, hallelujah!
Jesus said it, and I know ’tis true.
 
3. Life is offered unto you, hallelujah!
Eternal life thy soul shall have,
If you’ll only look to Him, hallelujah!
Look to Jesus who alone can save.
 
4. I will tell you how I came, hallelujah!
To Jesus when He made me whole—
’Twas believing on His name, hallelujah!
I trusted and He saved my soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025