OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SATURDAY JUNE 29TH 2024

Image
TOPIC: WHO DO PEOPLE SAY YOU ARE? MEMORISE : “When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?” - (Matthew 16:13) READ: Matthew 16:13-16 13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? 14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. 15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? 16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. MESSAGE : Today’s topic is a question you must be conscious of. In today’s Bible reading, Jesus asked His disciples whom people said that He was. He wasn’t confused about His identity; He knew who He was, but He was concerned about how people perceived Him. You must be conscious of how people perceive you too. People will only relate with you based on what they think about you and not what you th

DIVINE SUPPORT SYSTEM (PART 2) Friday 11 May 2012

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Memorise: Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper. 2 Chronicles 20:20c
Read: 2 Chronicles 20:20-22
A child should benefit from the support system of its parents. Applied to believers, we benefit from the support system our Father has set up for us through the ministering of angels. I once was with my sister and her husband as a child. One day, before she left for their farm, I asked her for a description of its location, which she gave me. I later went in search of the farm believing it wasn’t far off based on her description. In the course of my search, I lost my way. I did not know how to get to the farm or my way back home, and there was nobody to tell me where I was. Suddenly, I saw a small white dog. I did not know where it came from but it wagged its tail at me and began moving, as if trying to lead me somewhere. I did not follow it. It looked back at me and wagged its tail again. I had a feeling I should follow it. As I followed, I got to my sister’s farm. She asked how I managed to get there. I told her from following a dog. She replied “Which dog?” Sometimes, the angels can take other forms in order to perform their duty. You will receive angelic visitations in Jesus name.
Another support system of the Most High God is His prophets. This is self evident from today’s Bible reading. Whenever God wanted to anoint a king in the time of old, He would send His prophet. Saul was just an ordinary farm boy but because God’s prophet anointed him, he became a king. When an ordinary shepherd boy was anointed by God’s prophet, he too became a king. These prophets do not only anoint, but also prophesy; declaring the mind of God, to give clarity, direction and bring hope to His children. Lastly, one of the most crucial support system a child enjoys from its parent is inheritance. Proverbs 13:22 says:
A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children’s children:
Inheritance is not only in goods and wealth only but also in legacy and character. What legacy are you going to leave behind for your children? Our Lord Jesus Christ obtained the Excellency of His name by inheritance (Hebrews 1:4) and He inherited all things belonging to the Father (John 16:15). He willingly shares this inheritance with us and by Him we have access to an inheritance in the Father which hearts cannot fathom (Ephesians 1:11). This is the basis of our hope in Him.
ACTION POINT:
Study Ephesians 1, 2 & 3 to understand what your inheritance as a child of God is and to exercise your right over this inheritance.
Bible in one year: Exodus 38-40

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: TUESDAY JANUARY 23RD 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY JANUARY 14TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL : MONDAY JULY 31ST 2023