OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2026

Image
TOPIC: JUST ONE BREAKTHROUGH MEMORISE : Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever. Psalm 112:3 READ : Psalm 37:23-29 23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. 24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand. 25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. 26 He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed. 27 Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore. 28 For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off. 29 The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever. MESSAGE Growing up, my father was so poor that even poor people called him poor. However, at that time, I had a friend whose father was poorer than mine. As poor as my father was, he was still able to gather enough money to send m...

DIVINE SUPPORT SYSTEM (PART 2) Friday 11 May 2012

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Memorise: Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper. 2 Chronicles 20:20c
Read: 2 Chronicles 20:20-22
A child should benefit from the support system of its parents. Applied to believers, we benefit from the support system our Father has set up for us through the ministering of angels. I once was with my sister and her husband as a child. One day, before she left for their farm, I asked her for a description of its location, which she gave me. I later went in search of the farm believing it wasn’t far off based on her description. In the course of my search, I lost my way. I did not know how to get to the farm or my way back home, and there was nobody to tell me where I was. Suddenly, I saw a small white dog. I did not know where it came from but it wagged its tail at me and began moving, as if trying to lead me somewhere. I did not follow it. It looked back at me and wagged its tail again. I had a feeling I should follow it. As I followed, I got to my sister’s farm. She asked how I managed to get there. I told her from following a dog. She replied “Which dog?” Sometimes, the angels can take other forms in order to perform their duty. You will receive angelic visitations in Jesus name.
Another support system of the Most High God is His prophets. This is self evident from today’s Bible reading. Whenever God wanted to anoint a king in the time of old, He would send His prophet. Saul was just an ordinary farm boy but because God’s prophet anointed him, he became a king. When an ordinary shepherd boy was anointed by God’s prophet, he too became a king. These prophets do not only anoint, but also prophesy; declaring the mind of God, to give clarity, direction and bring hope to His children. Lastly, one of the most crucial support system a child enjoys from its parent is inheritance. Proverbs 13:22 says:
A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children’s children:
Inheritance is not only in goods and wealth only but also in legacy and character. What legacy are you going to leave behind for your children? Our Lord Jesus Christ obtained the Excellency of His name by inheritance (Hebrews 1:4) and He inherited all things belonging to the Father (John 16:15). He willingly shares this inheritance with us and by Him we have access to an inheritance in the Father which hearts cannot fathom (Ephesians 1:11). This is the basis of our hope in Him.
ACTION POINT:
Study Ephesians 1, 2 & 3 to understand what your inheritance as a child of God is and to exercise your right over this inheritance.
Bible in one year: Exodus 38-40

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025