OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2026

Image
TOPIC: YOU HAVE A PURPOSE MEMORISE : For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end Jeremiah 29:11 READ : Jeremiah 1:4-10 4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, 5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. 6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. 7 But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. 8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord. 9 Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. 10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and t...

QUALIFYING FOR WISDOM Friday 25 May 2012

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Memorise: Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright. Hebrews 12:16
Read: Genesis 39:7-13
It is on record that an excellent spirit was found in Daniel (Daniel 6:3). This is the Spirit of wisdom. He does not come cheap but is given only to those who deserve Him. Matthew 7:6 says holy things are not meant for dogs and precious things are not for sinners. Who can possibly receive the Spirit of wisdom? He is for those who are pure and undefiled like Joseph. It is common to hear that a man is chasing a lady but in Joseph’s case, it was the madam of the house that was after him. Some men wish they had the opportunity to sleep with the wife of their boss. If it does not come, they can spend hours fantasising on a possible occurrence. Joseph had all the chances of sleeping with his master’s wife but he did not. She made all the promises you can think of but he knew his promotion was from God and not the woman. She sexually harassed him daily yet he refused to give in. One day, she set him up so that it was just the two of them at home. Then she grabbed him saying, “Whether you like it or not, you must sleep with me today”, yet he wiggled out and took to his heels. Reason? He did not want to offend the One who holds his destiny. He did not want to mortgage his destiny for a few minutes of sinful pleasure (Genesis 39:7-23).
Today, many youths set themselves no limits. Like Esau, they do not mind “enjoying” the offer for free sex at the detriment of their destinies. Fornication and all forms of lust have robbed many youths of their bright future. It has emptied their future of its goodness, leaving them with chaff. Who will receive the Spirit of wisdom? It is men like Daniel who purposed in his heart not to defile himself with foods offered to idols (Daniel 1:8). Unfortunately, some so-called Christians look forward to the sacrificial rams slaughtered by Muslims when they know the truth that Jesus Christ is our sacrificial Lamb and so any other sacrifice is unnecessary and idolatrous. Are you pure and undefiled? Ask God for the Spirit of wisdom today.
KEY POINT:
Many youths who expect a bright future have nothing awaiting them but emptiness. The future lost to fornication can only be recovered through Jesus Christ.
 
Bible in one year: Romans 9-11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025