OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2026

Image
TOPIC: YOU HAVE A PURPOSE MEMORISE : For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end Jeremiah 29:11 READ : Jeremiah 1:4-10 4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, 5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. 6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. 7 But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. 8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord. 9 Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. 10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and t...

SERVE GOD ALONE Monday 21 May 2012

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Memorise: No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. Matthew 6:24
Read: Matthew 6:22-24
God demands full commitment from all His children. If you say you are born again, then never stand in God’s way. Some years ago, I was invited by the Anglican Church to preach on any topic I was led to speak on. I decided to speak on salvation, sanctification and baptism in the Holy Spirit. One of the members came and asked: “If the wind wants to blow and somebody is blocking it, what will happen?” I replied, “Whoever is blocking the way will be uprooted”. Our God is sitting in Heaven and saying to you, “this is the deal”. Agree with Him and receive the benefit or reject the offer and be prepared for destruction. Psalms 33:8-11 says the whole world should fear Him because whatever He says stands.
In the Kingdom, there is no room for partial commitment. In Matthew 6:24, Jesus says it is impossible to serve two masters. Are you outwardly asking God for something but secretly trying other fetish powers? Repent and come out of such because God cannot be mocked. If God were grant that request, you would go and give thanks to the devil. God does not share His glory with anyone. What got Ananias and Sapphira into trouble was because they wanted to serve God half –heartedly (Acts 5:1-11). Even the Israelites were told in the wilderness to either go and possess the land or die in the wilderness (Numbers 14:20-32). The strength of the Roman Empire could be traced to their level of commitment. If while at the battle front any soldier displayed any sign of weakness, such a soldier was instantly killed by fellow soldiers. As a result, they conquered every nation they went to. What is your level of commitment to the King of kings? Are you one leg in, one leg out? Is your commitment dependent on how committed others are? To what extent have you obeyed the Lord’s commands? Is your spouse, child, parent, work or school making you decrease your commitment to God? Ask the Lord to help you. Beef up your commitment today. Put back the firewood you took off the altar of sacrifice and consecrate yourself afresh to the Lord and to His work.
KEY POINT:                                       
The one who partially committed to God remains on a spot as long as the commitment is partial
 
Bible in one year: 1 Samuel 4-7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025