OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2026

Image
TOPIC: YOU HAVE A PURPOSE MEMORISE : For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end Jeremiah 29:11 READ : Jeremiah 1:4-10 4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, 5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. 6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. 7 But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. 8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord. 9 Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. 10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and t...

FULL DEVOTION DEMANDED Monday 14 May 2012

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Memorise: With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. Psalms 119:10
Read: Proverbs 3:5-6
Our God never does things in half measures. When He saves, he does it completely. That is why Hebrews 7:24-25 says He saves to the uttermost. What of when He heals? He heals completely, which is why when He healed Naaman the leper, He gave him a brand new skin (2 Kings 5:1-14). When He delivers, it is also total hence John 8:36 says once He sets you free, you are truly free. When He casts out demons from someone, none is left. Thorough deliverance is done once and for all. God has no room for half measures. Revelation 3:15-16 says He will not accept anything in half measures. If He wants something cold, it must be freezing cold and when He wants something hot, it must be at boiling point.
In 1 Samuel 15:1-23, King Saul lost his crown because of partial obedience. God prefers total obedience to partial obedience. This is one reason many of us are yet to enjoy God’s blessings. When God called Abraham in Genesis 12 and 13, he partially obeyed and got into trouble because of Lot – his kindred. One person who enjoyed a very intimate relationship with God was Moses. Numbers 12:8 says God converses with Moses mouth to mouth. But when Moses struck twice the rock God asked him to speak to, he was denied entry into the Promised Land. From Heaven God tells you, “This is the deal, there is no negotiation”. While discussing with the Godhead, He said, “Let us make man in our image (Genesis 1:26).” He did not say, Let us discuss whether to make man or not. He had already decided to make man. God is not one weak General Overseer begging his pastors to comply with an instruction. He will only come to you and say: Accept my deal and profit from it but if you want to disobey, when I am through with you, nobody will recognise you (Isaiah 1:19-20). It is up to you to choose how you will relate with God. If you will serve Him, do it with all your heart. If you will obey Him at all, make obeying Him your hobby. If you will worship Him, do it from your heart.
PRAYER POINT:
Ask God for grace to seek and serve Him with your whole heart and never to stray from His commandments.
 
Bible in One year: Proverbs 8-11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025