OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY JUNE 26TH 2024

Image
TOPIC: GOD WILL EMPOWER YOU MEMORISE : “According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.” - (2 Peter 1:3) READ: Isaiah 41:10-13 (KJV) 10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. 11 Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish. 12 Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought. 13 For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. MESSAGE : In John 20:21, Jesus Christ said, “...as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.” In Matthew 10:40, He said, “He that receiveth you re

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 30TH 2024

TOPIC: THE COUNSEL OF THE LORD

MEMORISE: 
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 2 Timothy 3:16

READ: Proverbs 15:22 

22 Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellors they are established.

MESSAGE
Our Bible reading for today tells us that without counsel, purposes are defeated. In other words, if you plan to do something and you don't have any advice, you might not be able to achieve it. Proverbs 20:18 says:

Every purpose is established by counsel: and with good advice make war.

Getting advice or counsel, as the Bible calls it, is very needful. Do not begin any endeavor without getting good advice. Proverbs 24:6 says, "...in multitude of counsellors there is safety." When you surround yourself with many good advisers, you will be safe and unlikely to make costly mistakes in life.

Note that it is not every piece of advice that you should take. God said in Proverbs 8:14 that counsel and sound wisdom are His. Every counsel you take must ultimately be from God, and as such, you should ensure that every bit of advice you receive aligns with the word of God before you accept them. This is because some clever people might come to you with pieces of advice that sound very good but that are ungodly and misleading. God is the best counsellor. In fact, that is one of the names of the Lord Jesus Christ according to Isaiah 9:6.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Whenever you get advice from anybody, check for what the word of God says concerning it. If you discover that it is not in agreement with the word of God, then you should know that it is not coming from godly wisdom, and you must reject it. This is why you need to know the word of God yourself so that when somebody gives you a bit of advice, you will be able to differentiate if it aligns with the word of God or not. Be like the Berean Christians; always ensure that you search the Scriptures to confirm everything you hear, irrespective of who says it (Acts 17:10-12).

Seek God's counsel in everything that you do. Study His word and listen to His advice through the mouth of many wise counsellors who are children of God and who understand His word. This way, you will remain on the right path and will not be led astray.

KEY POINT
Before acting on any advice, ensure it aligns with the word of God.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Job 17-20

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE
HYMN 28: GUIDE ME, O THOU GREAT JEHOVAH
Guide me, O thou great Jehovah
pilgrim through this barren land;
I am weak, but you are mighty;
hold me with your powerful hand.
Bread of heaven, bread of heaven,
feed me now and evermore,
feed me now and evermore.

2 Open now the crystal fountain,
where the healing waters flow.
Let the fire and cloudy pillar
lead me all my journey through.
Strong Deliverer, strong Deliverer,
ever be my strength and shield,
ever be my strength and shield.

3 When I tread the verge of Jordan,
bid my anxious fears subside.
Death of death, and hell's Destruction,
land me safe on Canaan's side.
Songs of praises, songs of praises
I will ever sing to you,
I will ever sing to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: TUESDAY JANUARY 23RD 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY JANUARY 14TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL : MONDAY JULY 31ST 2023