OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY JUNE 26TH 2024

Image
TOPIC: GOD WILL EMPOWER YOU MEMORISE : “According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.” - (2 Peter 1:3) READ: Isaiah 41:10-13 (KJV) 10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. 11 Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish. 12 Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought. 13 For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. MESSAGE : In John 20:21, Jesus Christ said, “...as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.” In Matthew 10:40, He said, “He that receiveth you re

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: SATURDAY MAY 18TH 2024

TOPIC: BANISHING FEAR

MEMORISE: 
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

READ: Matthew 10:26-31

26 Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.

27 What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.

28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

29 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.

30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

31 Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

MESSAGE
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 
2 Timothy1:7 

The above passage tells us clearly that the Holy Spirit which God gives to us is not a Spirit of fear. This also implies that fear is not a feeling, but a spirit, and that spirit is not from God. As Christians, whenever we find a spirit that is not of God around us, we must banish such a spirit immediately. Today, fear is banished in your life, in Jesus’ name.

The antidote to fear is faith. Ephesians 6:16 says: “Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.” When this Scripture was written, soldiers had to go to war with shields as it was essential for their survival against the attacks of the enemy. Likewise, we are to quench the fiery darts of the enemy with the shield of faith.

What are these fiery darts? They are the imaginations through which the spirit of fear creeps into a man’s life. This is why 2 Corinthians 10:5 says:

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

The knowledge of Christ casts down fearful thoughts and imaginations. The more of God you know, and the more aware you are of His power and love for you, the less afraid you will be. You must subject every negative thought to the truth of God’s word. When the thoughts come, you should respond with the word of God that counters them. As you do this over and over again, you will overcome those fears.

You cannot know God without studying His word, hence, to truly banish fear from your life, you need to study God’s word consistently. The Bible says in Romans 10:17: 

… faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The more of God’s word that you constantly listen to, the more your faith will grow. This will ensure that there is no room for fear in your heart. Study the word of God and meditate on it every day. Memorise His word, especially the portions that speak specifically to the fears you have. As God’s word dwells richly in your heart, every form of fear will disappear.

KEY POINT
Studying and meditating on the word of God banishes fear.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezra 5-7

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE
HYMN 29: WHEN PEACE LIKE A RIVER ATTENDETH MY WAY

1 When peace like a river attendeth my way,
when sorrows like sea billows roll;
whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say,
“It is well, it is well with my soul.”

Refrain (may be sung after final stanza only):
It is well with my soul;
it is well, it is well with my soul.

2 Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
let this blest assurance control:
that Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
and has shed his own blood for my soul. Refrain

3 My sin oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
my sin, not in part, but the whole,
is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more;
praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul! Refrain

4 O Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
the clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
the trump shall resound and the Lord shall descend;
even so, it is well with my soul. Refrain

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: TUESDAY JANUARY 23RD 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY JANUARY 14TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL : MONDAY JULY 31ST 2023