OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY JUNE 26TH 2024

Image
TOPIC: GOD WILL EMPOWER YOU MEMORISE : “According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.” - (2 Peter 1:3) READ: Isaiah 41:10-13 (KJV) 10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. 11 Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish. 12 Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought. 13 For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. MESSAGE : In John 20:21, Jesus Christ said, “...as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.” In Matthew 10:40, He said, “He that receiveth you re

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: FRIDAY MAY 17TH 2024

TOPIC: GOD HATES LIES

MEMORISE:  
For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. Revelations 22:15

READ: Acts 5:1-11

5 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,

2 And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles’ feet.

3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

6 And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.

7 And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.

8 And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.

9 Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.

10 Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.

11 And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things.

MESSAGE
Revelation 22:15 tells us that as far as God is concerned, liars and dogs are in the same category. John 8:44 says that the devil is a liar and the father of lies, so, if you tell a lie, you are declaring openly that your father is the devil.

Years ago, I travelled to llesha and on my way back to Lagos, I decided to visit my late father in the Lord. I was close to his house when I remembered that he had taught us not to visit men of God empty-handed. So, I stopped to buy some oranges in Surulere. As my father in the Lord was eating the oranges, he said, “Wow, these oranges are sweet, did you buy them on the road?” I understood that the road he was asking about was the road between llesha and Lagos, not Surulere, however, I said, “Yes sir”. The moment I said so, the Holy Spirit said, “You lied”. I said, “What is the difference? After all, I bought them at the roadside in Surulere.” Again, the Holy Spirit said, “You lied”. I said, “How does it affect the sweetness of the orange?”

The Holy Spirit did not leave me alone, so I said to my Father in the Lord, “Papa, you asked a question just now. I actually bought these oranges in Surulere.” The old man nodded his head and said, “Hmmm, Holy Spirit.” He knew who was dealing with me. This is why it is surprising that many Christians have gotten so used to lying, even in the church. A lying tongue is an abomination to God (Proverbs 12:22). God is irritated by lies, irrespective of where it is told.

If God hates lying lips, it means that the prayers of a liar will be unanswered. God does not want to hear the voice of a liar. This is why many are struggling; the lies they love to tell have become a barrier between them and God. Lying can cut a man’s life short. In Acts 5, the man and woman who lied to God’s representative fell down and died. This is a warning to every child of God who tells lies. God does not want you to be destroyed. Do not tell lies.

ACTION POINTS
Make up your mind that you will only tell the truth from now on.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezra 1-4

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE
HYMN 31:  YIELD NOT TO TEMPTATION

1  Yield not to temptation, for yielding is sin;
Each vict’ry will help you some other to win;
Fight manfully onward, dark passions subdue;
Look ever to Jesus, He will carry you through.

o Refrain:
Ask the Savior to help you,
Comfort, strengthen, and keep you;
He is willing to aid you,
He will carry you through.

2  Shun evil companions, bad language disdain,
God’s name hold in rev’rence, nor take it in vain;
Be thoughtful and earnest, kindhearted and true;
Look ever to Jesus, He will carry you through.

3  To him that o’ercometh, God giveth a crown,
Through faith we will conquer, though often cast down;
He who is our Savior, our strength will renew;
Look ever to Jesus, He will carry you through.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: TUESDAY JANUARY 23RD 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY JANUARY 14TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL : MONDAY JULY 31ST 2023