OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2026

Image
TOPIC: YOU HAVE A PURPOSE MEMORISE : For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end Jeremiah 29:11 READ : Jeremiah 1:4-10 4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, 5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. 6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. 7 But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. 8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord. 9 Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. 10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and t...

HOW ABOUT YOUR THOUGHTS? Tuesday 27 March


Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Memorise: For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. Matthew 15:19
Read: Matthew 15:16-20
In life, the greatest victory a man can ever have is victory over the flesh because your number one enemy is not the devil but your flesh. However, thanks be to God for Christ has given us this victory.
And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. Galatians 5:24
The question then is: are you exerting your victory over the flesh in your day to day living or are you still being defeated by this defeated foe? If you defeat all your external enemies but fail to conquer yourself, you are less than a conqueror. David killed Goliath the external enemy but because he could not conquer himself, he was defeated by his flesh. Until you conquer yourself by exerting your victory in Christ, victory over external enemies would be meaningless. Even those external enemies would not mind allowing you to defeat them when they know that your flesh is Satan’s stronghold over you. In other words, what is the point of fighting with one who already a victim or captive of their ally? They know they can always use your flesh and internal weaknesses to get you on your knees any day. So for you to triumph, you must first win your internal battles.
In what areas do we need to exert our victory over the flesh? First is in impure thoughts. Many men and women who are being used of God to plunder the kingdom of darkness and rescue the captives are still defeated in the realm of thoughts because they have abdicated their responsibility in fighting the good fight of faith. Many believers are captives of immoral thoughts. This persists even in places of worship because they believe nobody can see through them to know what they are thinking. If you dwell on how to take revenge on your offender, you are a victim of this. If you focus on exposed body part of ladies, including indecently dressed sisters, you are a victim of this. If you look lustfully at the opposite sex and begin to conjure lewd images of such during your private moment you are being defeated by flesh. Even if you were to kill the Goliath troubling Nigeria, you cannot emerge triumphant because you are being defeated internally where it matters most. What type of thoughts do you dwell on? Fighting the good fight of faith over impure thoughts today!
KEY POINT:
Satan does not fight with anyone who is a victim of lust because he or she is already defeated.
Bible in one year: Mark 5-8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025