OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2026

Image
TOPIC: YOU HAVE A PURPOSE MEMORISE : For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end Jeremiah 29:11 READ : Jeremiah 1:4-10 4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, 5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. 6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. 7 But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. 8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord. 9 Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. 10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and t...

GUARD YOUR HEART Tuesday 10 April 2012

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Memorise: Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. Proverbs 4:23.
Read: Proverbs 4:20-27
From Matthew 5:8 we understand that the one who is pure in heart is blessed. Are you single or married? Are you married but your spouse is separated from you by geographical location? What do you think about when you go to bed? Do you engage yourself in impure thoughts? Do you know that some people assist the tempter? How you may ask? After they have fed their eyes with lust inducing items during the day, they recline to ponder over them later and may find themselves practicing such ungodly acts. At the end, blame falls on the devil. The devil usually gets all the blame when things go wrong.
Besides being blessed, the pure in heart are assured of seeing God. Of what use is the Christian race if at the end of the journey you are denied the privilege of seeing God? The reason it is so essential your heart is pure is that: the state of your heart determines the output of your heart.
Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. Proverbs 4:23.
Most of the things that will affect your life and destiny emanate from your heart. Matthew 15:19 says evils thoughts that defile a man proceed from the heart. If your heart is occupied with impure thoughts, given a little time, you will see yourself practicing such. If you continue to dwell on immoral thoughts, before long, you will feel a force compelling you to masturbate, fornicate, rape or even commit incest. Some even sleep with animals or people of same sex. It all starts with a thought. A polluted heart cannot produce godly character. As long as the heart is polluted, your deeds will be evil and you will lose your God-given destiny. However, if your thoughts are pure, they will propel you to live a holy life which will make you fulfill your destiny. You will end up seeing God and living with Him eternally.
KEY POINT:
When your heart is pure, you will not only see God in Heaven, but also see God manifest your desires here on earth.
Bible in one year: Isaiah 55-57

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025