OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2026

Image
TOPIC: YOU HAVE A PURPOSE MEMORISE : For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end Jeremiah 29:11 READ : Jeremiah 1:4-10 4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, 5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. 6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. 7 But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. 8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord. 9 Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. 10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and t...

HE PROTECTS Friday 27 April 2012

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Memorise: A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. Psalms 91:7
Read: Psalms 121:3-8
What a father does goes a long way in affecting the life of a child. Our Heavenly Father does not only neutralize weapons designed against His children, He also protects them from harm. In the 50’s while l was still very young, we had mining activities going on in my village and the roads were very narrow. Nigeria was still under colonial rule then. Normally, white men came in a jeep to collect the gold that the miners got. They were so powerful in those days that the villagers believed that if they killed your child, you have to tell them “thank you” so that you will not be sent to prison. For this reason they were dreaded. One day, my sister and l were returning from the farm when we suddenly heard the sound of a jeep coming at top speed. My sister immediately grabbed my hand and we both jumped out of its way, landing in an empty mine. We barely escaped the jeep but before we could have a sigh of relief, we found ourselves before a snake. Because our Father can preserve lives, I lived to tell the story.
Jeremiah 32:27 says because He is the God of all flesh, there is nothing He cannot do. He controls all humans and animals. Is the enemy tormenting your life using a particular animal-snake, cat, wall gecko, owl, rat or any bewitched bird? The God of all flesh will frustrate that enemy today. Luke 1:37 says all things are possible with Him. Sometime ago, a child less than two months old was brought to me. The parents said he had a hole in the heart and doctors were set to perform an operation on it. Perplexed, I asked; “what kind of situation is this?” just before l prayed, God reminded me that He can do anything. So l told the Lord to either close up the hole or give the child a brand new heart. A week later, I was told the child had become normal. Praise God! In Luke 10:19, you have been empowered over snakes and scorpions - demonic agents and their activities. God will protect you and defend everything that is yours this season. Have those around you given up hope for your survival? The Lord will intervene and make a way for you. Call on Jesus today!
PRAYER POINT:
Father, in accordance with Psalms 121:7, preserve me, my family and my church from every evil.
Bible in one year: Acts 13-14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025