OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2026

Image
TOPIC: YOU HAVE A PURPOSE MEMORISE : For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end Jeremiah 29:11 READ : Jeremiah 1:4-10 4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, 5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. 6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. 7 But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. 8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord. 9 Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. 10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and t...

CLEAN SWEEP Wednesday 13 June, 2012

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Memorise: For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. Isaiah 41:13
Read: Isaiah 41: 10-13
God cannot tolerate the abuse of power. When you use the anointing meant to repair and build up lives to destroy lives, it amounts to abuse of power. There are some men of God who have become so intolerant of their wives. When they started, they were nobody but today God has lifted them. Suddenly, they realize their wife is not educated, pretty or modern enough for their self-styled ministry. They will pick up quarrels at the slightest provocation. Since they cannot divorce, they will begin to use their tongue to condemn, devalue and pronounce death on such wives hoping that with their anointed tongues they can kill their spouse and then get married to some particular dynamic sister they have seen. This is wickedness of the highest order. God says He will be the witness between husband and wife (Malachi 2:14). Every evil pronouncement on your spouse is cancelled. If you do not repent, such evil wishes will return to you. Embrace your wife and treat her like a queen and all will be well with you.
It must be noted that God does not fight half-heartedly. Psalms 68:1-3 says when God arises, all His enemies will be scattered. Isaiah 41:10-13 says when you seek for those God has scattered; it will be a futile search. When God decides to fight, there will be nothing left – no trace of the enemy. When the fire of God roasts His enemies, you cannot even recognize them by the ashes. It is only a fool that will provoke God to fight him or her. If you walk with Him in total obedience and love, you will provoke Him to fight your enemies. But never let Him fight you. Believers who fail to tithe correctly are calling on God to fight them. If you are proud or disobedient, you are inviting Him to fight you. God does not fight the enemies of those who disobey Him because they are classed together in the same camp. Are you messing up and God is looking at you with mercy yet you take His mercy for granted? You are joking with fire! Repent today and make peace with Him. Be in His good books so that good things will fall to you and you will be kept from His judgment.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, let nothing ever pitch me against you for the rest of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025