OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2026

Image
TOPIC: YOU HAVE A PURPOSE MEMORISE : For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end Jeremiah 29:11 READ : Jeremiah 1:4-10 4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, 5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. 6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. 7 But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. 8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord. 9 Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. 10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and t...

SAY NO TO STINGINESS! Friday 8 June 2012

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Memorise: He that withholdeth corn, the people shall curse him: but blessing shall be upon the head of him that selleth it. Proverbs 11:26.
Read: Proverbs 11:24-26
It is a terrible thing to be a miser. The miser stands between those he or she is sent to and their blessing. When God blesses the fellow because of those around him, their blessing will end up with him, whereas the supposed beneficiaries will continue to petition Heaven for their provision and God would say, “But l have released their blessings to so and so”. If God wants to use you as a channel to bless others but you convert their blessings into yours, you are a thief, a robber, an oppressor and a wicked fellow. That act of wickedness may shut the doors of blessings against you. There are many brethren who are still having in their custody items God had instructed them to give to their pastors, missionaries, or some needy persons. Some are still sitting on the money meant for others. Has God instructed or prompted you to give something- clothes, shoe, specific amount of money, a job opportunity, some time of intercession, a car, a house, etc. to somebody? From that moment the item ceased to be yours. It is now another person’s property in your custody just like tithe is God’s money in your custody. If you fail to release the item(S) to the owner(S), you are only inviting curses and devourers.
If you are tight-fisted, it will affect your today and tomorrow. It will also affect your children and even generations after you. If you find it difficult to give, you can’t be helped. A pastor that cannot give will turn his congregation into church of misers. If such a pastor wants to raise funds for a project and he cannot give for the same purpose, many who should give may follow his bad precedent. Ask God to deliver you from the spirit of stinginess. Ask for the grace to give. Are you a giver? Do not rest on your oars! You can give more to trigger greater blessings. You can out-give others. You can move from 10 to 20, 30, 50, or even 90 percent on tithing and see how God will embarrass you. Strive to lead when it comes to giving. Give generously and cheerfully. Give regularly. Give to God’s servants when they are not ministering to you. Just be a blessing.
KEYPOINT:
If you by faith reverse the order of tithing from 10 percent to 90, God will reverse the order of blessing you from the ordinary to the extraordinary.
 
Bible in one year: Psalms 16-18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025