OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2026

Image
TOPIC: YOU HAVE A PURPOSE MEMORISE : For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end Jeremiah 29:11 READ : Jeremiah 1:4-10 4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, 5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. 6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. 7 But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. 8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord. 9 Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. 10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and t...

LOVE & MERCY ARE SEEDS Wednesday 20 June 2012


Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

Memorise: The merciful man doeth good to his own soul: but he that is cruel troubleth his own flesh. Proverbs 11:17

Read: Psalms 103:11-13
God is abundant in love and his love is wonderful. There is a generic love of God and the special love of God. John 3:16 speaks of the generic love of God for mankind. Every man born into this world is a recipient of this love, whether this love is accepted and appreciated is a personal matter for individuals. It is this generic love that makes Him send his sun and rain on all men- good and evil. Our Lord Jesus spoke about this love in Matthew 5:43-45. This love is not dependent on the action of the other party neither does it demand reciprocity. Beyond the generic love however is the special love of God. To partake of His special love, you must first acknowledge His generic love and accept its gift as outlined in John 3:16. This love can only be accessed by loving and believing in Jesus who is the recipient of His special love.
For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that l came out from God. John 16:27    
His special love therefore is conditional and demands reciprocity. He said in Proverbs 8:17
I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall fine me.
The more God’s favorites love God, the more God loves them in return. Are you a recipient of His general love or a partaker of His special love? How much do you love God? Do you rise up early or at midnight to seek His face, praise and fellowship with Him? May you reap His superfluous love this season.
God also gives mercy. God’s mercy is great towards those who fear Him. Psalms 103:11 says:
For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
This means, the level of mercy you enjoy from God is a function of your fear of Him. Believers who do not fear God will not receive much of His mercy. If you truly fear and love Him, he can extend His mercy even beyond you (1 Chronicles 17:11-13). In addition, Matthew 5:7 says mercy follows the law of reciprocity. When you show mercy, you will have a harvest of mercy. If you fail to show mercy to others, you may soon run out of mercy yourself. Proverbs 11:17 says if you show mercy to others, you are only doing yourself a world of good. That means each time you refuse to be merciful to your neighbour, you hurt yourself. How merciful are you?
KEY POINT:
If you get more of judgements than mercy, it is most likely because you are indebted in mercy. Sow mercy to all who have hurt you.
Bible in one year: 1 Timothy 4-6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025