OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2026

Image
TOPIC: YOU HAVE A PURPOSE MEMORISE : For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end Jeremiah 29:11 READ : Jeremiah 1:4-10 4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, 5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. 6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. 7 But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. 8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord. 9 Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. 10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and t...

SEPARATION 10 June 2012

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Memorise: The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 1 Corinthians 15:26.
Read: 1 Corinthians 15:25-28
Death is the enemy of every living soul but one day, it shall cease to be relevant. 1 Corinthians 15:26 says:
The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 
An African proverb says: “The one who is dead has paid all debts but the living has one more debt to pay”. Generally, people fear death. They will do everything possible to keep this thief from completing its mission in their lives. But what you fear so much becomes your master or even your god. What you fear ends up taking you into its bondage. An employee who dreads a sack will do everything possible to please his employer, even to the point of displeasing God sometimes. As a result of the level of fear people have towards death, they have become enslaved to it. Many are in bondage because of fear. Hebrews 2:14-15 says Jesus tasted death for all of us so that in the process, He might liberate us from this bondage. The fear of death has led many people into all kinds of covenants and satanic cults. 1 John 4:18 says fear torments its victim on a continuous basis. The day you stop being afraid of death, you have secured your freedom.
Why do people fear death so much? It is because it brings about permanent separation from people, places and things. Whenever you travel to some distant location, there is a temporary separation from your family, house, car, etc, but as soon as you are back, that separation is over. According to 1 Corinthians 7:39, death separates husband and wife permanently. In 2 Samuel 12:15-23, when the product of David’s adulterous affair died, David stopped fasting, washed himself and ate his food saying that the child was no longer going to return to him. When somebody dies, he is separated from his house and his bed; no matter how rich he was or how much he liked his bed, he will be moved to the mortuary (Luke 12:16-21). There are earthly things with limited life-span and there are things of eternal value (1 Corinthians 9:24-25). Death may separate you from loved ones, places and things but if you have anything of eternal value, they will remain with you forever. This is why you should focus more on building up your heavenly reserves. In any case, how prepared are you for death or the rapture?
KEY POINT:
If death was to come calling now, would you have anything of Eternal value to look forward to in Heaven?
Bible in one year: Psalms 22-24

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 6TH 2025

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: THURSDAY MAY 9TH 2024

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL: SUNDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2025